2008 Beta Rev 4 How Good Is It?

bigdamo

I am thinking about getting a second hand Beta rev 4 2008.

Are there any problems with this bike ie stators?

I did a search and someone asked the same question seem to be some problem with kickstarters and maybe gearbox problems but overall everyone said there rev4 was still going strong is that still the case.

I rode a 2008 rev3 250 i liked it.

Is there that much of a different between the rev4 and the evo4?

I am only a clubman /c grade rider I don't need a powerful bike.

The Rev 4 is a superb bike, my dad used to own a 2008 one & it was no trouble at all ever, never hesitated or spluttered, it was just a fantastic bike, you will definatly like the power curve in it, lovely & soft. if you buy one you will never look back.

Edited by GasGasben

Buy it. I bought mine 3 months ago and it is great. Here are some points to look for.

- Check that the hotstart mod is done.

- Check that the kickstart mod has been done. The standard kickstart rubs the frame.

- Buy a heat shield for the header pipe.

- Usual crappy beta kill switch will need replacing.

I bought mine and the kickstart mod hadn't been done. It meant a whole new kickstart and spindle. Cost nearly

Agree with the above. Fantastic bike. All the mods are related to early engine numbers. Lamkins should be able to tell you if it needs mods and advise best jetting. No reliability issues as far as i know and none with mine. Replace the Beta kill switch! Easy to start.

Rev 4T ABSOLUTELY fantastic bike. Easy to ride. Smooth power. Lots of top end if you rev it. Tweaked suspension settings make it ride very well. Get one they are great. Down side is that you have to rock the engine forward to adjust the valves - sigh.

Evo 4T are better again. Lighter, more progressive suspension, different ignitions, different exhaust, shorter/rear bias. Can adjust valves in situ. Newer newer newer!

Both have the newest smoothest and lightest 4T engines in trials. There is lots on this site how to best set one up.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, how does the 2008 Beta Rev 4 "300 Racing Edition" compare to the standard 250 flavor? That's what I'm looking at buying right now, and comparing it to the Montesa 4RT (which I can get for the same amount, though a year older and not in as good a shape ...)

Well, how does the 2008 Beta Rev 4 "300 Racing Edition" compare to the standard 250 flavor? That's what I'm looking at buying right now, and comparing it to the Montesa 4RT (which I can get for the same amount, though a year older and not in as good a shape ...)

The 300 rev 4 racing is very opposite to the 250, very aggresive, similar to a Sherco 320 4t, but the New Evo 4t 300 is a lot calmer & nicer to ride.