Evo 250 Or 290

diligaf

I would say try both of them Jules. I tried a 290 and thought it was awful but then tried another and it wasnt bad but it wasn't in my opinion as good as the 250. Its all preference, when I had an 08 Rev 3 I tried the 250 and 270 and the 250 won hands down. The power delivery on the 290 is not as fierce now though. Dont just ride it round a car park either, try them on the same section and you will find what suits you.

• 5 years later...

Anybody else have anymore input?

I live in the USA, and I have the opposite problem of the Orig Poster.

My dad has 2011 evo in the 250 flavor, and I absolutely love it. I know that is what I want, Problem is, I can't seem to find one. I currently ride a 2002 Beta rev 3 270. I also, only ride intermediate, and don't see me going past sportsman in the couple years I own this bike.

There seems to be the occasional beta evo 290 or 300 pop up for sale. What is the diff between the 290 and 300? Is there a big from the 250 up to the bigger bikes?

I had a 2010 290 and in the dry it was great but hard to get grip in the very slippery mud we have in the winter It would go up anything you pointed it at in the dry though,very powerful top end .My scores would have been better with the 250 but not so much fun

• Like 1