Sheffield Arena Indoor

tonybroad

my first visit to /sheffield having recently returned to trials - what a truly awe inspiring event, we were not disappointed - but lose the stupid race over the barrels, i could do that, i couldn't do any of the sections, made it a bit of a lottery and Fujigas lost out in my opinion

can't wait 'till next year

tony

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We went mainly for Danny Mac this year, so were a bit gutted that he was too injured to ride.

Feckin ridiculous that somebody couldn't put a snow plough round the car park, or just let us on there as it was, we went through more snow on the way. Was about 2 inches of snow on a flat car park. What's happened to Yorkshire?

Managed to get over snake pass despite vans and volvos having to be towed up parts of it, but no parking when we got there.

Signs in the car parks opposite said strictly no arena parking, cctv and clamps in action, so we parked there, my tyres are too big to get clamps on :)

Would be good if they could sort some computer scoring out for Sheffield, so we know what the feck's happening.

Edited by bikespace

but can someone explain how the rules worked? :)

It's very confusing:

Each local organiser is permitted to select a maximum of two wild card entrants to join the eight fixed riders during the qualification lap, which must consist of a minimum of four sections.

The best eight riders, following qualification, will take part in the Trial itself, which will go through three new elimination stages (TX1, TX2 and TX3) to decide the eventual winner.

TX1 will begin with a quartet of head to head races, with the four race winners transfering straight to TX2.

The four race losers will go to a last chance section to decide the remaining two riders who will then also progress to TX2.

The next stage of the Trial will see these six riders fight it out over three more sections, with the best four riders then going head to head again in a second dual lane race.

These remaining four riders will ride four final sections in TX3, with the final results being determined with the scores from TX2 and TX3 being added together to create an overall total.

:)

Exactly - started reading the new rule format out of curiosity when I noticed TX1 etc next to the names in the results but lost the will to live before getting to the end. Indoors was a novelty years ago but surely there is only so much interest that can be milked out of watching riders splat and jump up the same obstacles year after year, venue after venue. It appears to have gone stale now. Is this rule format an attempt to regenerate interest or attract new punters. Contrived cobblers springs to mind but I suppose I've never had any real interest in indoors anyway.

It's very confusing:

Each local organiser is permitted to select a maximum of two wild card entrants to join the eight fixed riders during the qualification lap, which must consist of a minimum of four sections.

The best eight riders, following qualification, will take part in the Trial itself, which will go through three new elimination stages (TX1, TX2 and TX3) to decide the eventual winner.

TX1 will begin with a quartet of head to head races, with the four race winners transfering straight to TX2.

The four race losers will go to a last chance section to decide the remaining two riders who will then also progress to TX2.

The next stage of the Trial will see these six riders fight it out over three more sections, with the best four riders then going head to head again in a second dual lane race.

These remaining four riders will ride four final sections in TX3, with the final results being determined with the scores from TX2 and TX3 being added together to create an overall total.

Eh !!!!????? lets hope they don't get hold of the outdoor rules, as we will definately be knackered then!!!!!

It was a first visit to Sheffield for my mate and I and we both loved it. A great night which, as has been mentioned, could have been spoiled for the sake of a stupid race over the bop-bops (Toni Bou lost to Dougie and was facing elimination. One of the people we went to see could have been eliminated half way through the night and that would have spoiled the occasion for me).

Having said that, the race brought extra excitement as for the losers it then became a time trial - a race against the clock - over a very tricky section, which Bou went on to win in some style (if I remember correctly!)

Whilst Bou rightly stole the show (he's strides ahead of anyone else out there in terms of skill and balance), I was very impressed with Fajardo's riding, Dougie's bottle and competitive spirit and was really pleased to see Dibsta get a podeum spot.

Fab night, would recommend it to anyone.