Sheffield Arena Indoor

tonybroad

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kudos to Dibsta :) but can someone explain how the rules worked? :thumbup:

Was there last night with my two lads one daughter and one daughter in law, the car parking was a fiasco this should have been sorted prior to the public arriving. We saw people with young children and elderly people all struggle to get to the arena.

The best rider of the night won without a doubt but the remaining positions was nothing more than a lottery where speed was a deciding factor rather than riding ability and skill. We have been coming to the event for over 6 years but will think long and hard before we return next year as we were disapointed at this years event. There was a massive improvement in James Dabll's riding (well done to him). Tony Bou was outstanding (he deserved to win).

First time I've seen Dabil ride and thought that he belonged in there at a world level.

Little chinks in the armour show he's hanging on the edge, but he's definitely jumped that big gap. I suppose it's just time and practice now. Great to see.

Alexz was unlucky and went out too early to see how he coped, but he certainly wasn't looking amateur either.

I'm thinking back to a few riders that were plainly in it for the experience without really having a chance, but that clearly wasn't the case.

The best rider won the event but nearly went out because of the daft race, fuji went out because of it, also, being the first time i've seen time being a measure was good and added excitement and that should be the measure of who goes out - points first, then if scores are equal, fastest time

it was still a great event

Tony (not Bou)

Was awesome last night, well done to Dabill for getting 3rd, he worked really hard for it, hope loris guibian is alright after that horrible crash on the cable reels, & well done to lampkin for beating bou on the races. i thought Jeroni rode really well, shame he had to go out just because of a time issue.

Edited by GasGasben

We went mainly for Danny Mac this year, so were a bit gutted that he was too injured to ride.

Having been to Sheffield before we knew what to expect of the top trial riders, but the reason we drove 250mile there a back was to see ( no disrespect to the trials riders) was to see Danny Mac. It was a shame he could,nt ride but some one from the push bike trials world could have took his place. Intresting to know when he found out that he could,nt ride as some people may have paid on the night just to see him.

PS. it was still a bloody good night well done Dids & Bou is in a diiferent class at the moment.

Having been to Sheffield before we knew what to expect of the top trial riders, but the reason we drove 250mile there a back was to see ( no disrespect to the trials riders) was to see Danny Mac. It was a shame he could,nt ride but some one from the push bike trials world could have took his place. Intresting to know when he found out that he could,nt ride as some people may have paid on the night just to see him.

PS. it was still a bloody good night well done Dids & Bou is in a diiferent class at the moment.

I knew somehow that your post would refer to mileage

you really need to move house or stop complaining.

the rest of us are not and probably could not be accomodated on the Isle of Wight.

Although the scoring system is somewhat confusing, it was an entertaining night - however I agree with the Centrally Speaking column that the majority of the crowd lost interest in the event, which is a shame as they did a fantastic job in organising it. I went with the missus, she's never seen trials before and really enjoyed it.

I recieved information on the parking arrangements and parked in the Parkway along the A630, hardly anyone on there, but had to pay

4 Things starting with the positives then sadly moving to BIG negatives -

1: Quality Event and sections, really good : A+

2: Dibs riding was flawless throughout, absolutely awesome : A++

3: New system for dropping riders SUCKS!! Fajardo was EASILY second best rider there on the night but lost out on the times section and was rightly \mighty p*ssed off at it

4: WTF NO DANNY MCCASKILL?? ABSOLUTE DISGRACE and can only blame Avondale for this.... He has a broken collar bone and has not riden for FOUR MONTHS.... Fair enough, cant be helped but WHY was this not communicated to the paying public???? and WHY was no back up rider/display bought in??? THEY MUST HAVE KNOWN in advance that he couldn't ride and did SWEET F.A about it. Disgusting!

We had about 8 spectators around us that simply did not show for the second part of the event and that talks volumes and IMO is very damaging. Also heard 3 bikers outside in break who had literally come only to see Danny ride in this event the actual trial was an aside for them.

I think Avondale owe some sort of explanation as to why they did not communicate this AT ALL and why there was no replacement rider bought in. This ruined an otherwise brilliant night for me.

As a regular on Trials Forum I was well aware that Danny would not be riding the event; a couple of days before Sheffield. I was very suprised that no additional riders were drafted in at short notice.

Agreed Dabill was on form, it's the first time I've ever seen him ride and I was very impressed. Also this is the first time I've seen the indoor round; I was disappointed to see Lampkin and Fujinami have to leave the competiton - as my two heroes from my actual riding days it was great to finally see them both in action...a shame it was cut short.

The FIM have made a very bad choice with this new system; an attempt to keep the audience more entertained has gone in the opposite direction. A guy and his young kid were sat behind me, I heard him talking to this son trying to explain the new system and I recall hearing him being disapppointed that his favourite rider was eliminated. I expect a dramatically reduced crowd at Sheffield next year if this system remains in place.

The problem with this is that it can reflect badly on the event organisers - people 'not in the know' about this system will leave confused, bored and probably believing that the organisers were to blame for the chaos.

Fair play to the riders for protesting the next round; especially Toni Bou.