Sheffield Arena Indoor

tonybroad

As a regular on Trials Forum I was well aware that Danny would not be riding the event; a couple of days before Sheffield. I was very suprised that no additional riders were drafted in at short notice.

I didn't even see on here that there was no Danny McCaskill. Where was that posted? As you said though really bad that Avondale couldn't be bothered to get someone else in. Doubt it was even that short notice.

Danny would have easily known by Early/Mid December when he was due to start riding again. With that knowledge, even if he expected to be able to ride again in early January he would surely have thought 'I dont really want to be doing a big arena event first week back after not riding for 4 months' Stinks of foul play to me and would really expect an announcement from Avondale.

I quite like the new format, however they need a better way of deciding how people go rather than 'last section is timed' I really think Fajardo could have been easy 2nd on Saturday and was a real shame for everyone to miss the 'best' riders. I assume that the riders know in advance that in this instance the last section is timed. Am I right?? If that is the case then I guess Fajardo can only blame himself, however he didn't seem aware of this and there was no haste to his ride on the log section.

Maybe the top 6 should compete in the final final rather than 4.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot link to another forum, I think it's against the rules...

But for reference...

Nov 27 2009, 04:57 PM

Just before you book, in case it makes a difference...

QUOTE (psycholist @ Nov 27 2009, 12:45 PM) *

Danny Mac's doing the interval show: END QUOTE

This isn't confirmed yet.

Dec 26 2009, 02:25 PM

he is still recovering from his broken collor bone, it seems the event organizers jumped the gun a bit when danny showed interest. I don't know for sure if he is going or not, but he said to me that he wouldn't if he wasn't 100% recovered yet.

Jan 7 2010, 11:24 AM

See you there gents! (Well, probably not, but tongue.gif) Danny isn't gonna be riding sad.gif

Chloe is Shirty Jnr's Mrs. She was the one in the black Trial&Enduro direct suit. Shes been holding the boards up for a few years now.

I enjoyed the trial but the format was obviously a resounding disaster. I felt sorry for Fuji and Fajardo cos they both rode well but were robbed cos of a race. Since when is trials a race? I dont mind if they want to have a race but it should be like they used to have in Barcelona when the race was actually as hard as some of the sections and they couldnt go very quick. Trials is an enthusiasts sport. Sod the show factor and all the razzmatazz. Who cares. I just want to see the top guys riding and showing their skill. I for one would pay to just watch Bou practise and I bet i'm not alone there either!

A few of us came down from leeds and were really pleased to see Dibbs ride so well, what a difference in a couple of years, only two things wrong, first the massive stitch up over the non appearance (or non ride rather) of Danny macaskill, we were all persuaded to go this year to see him ride, secondly and more of a reason not to go again was that we were unlucky enough to get in a block with a load of p*** heads who could not stop getting up to go for beer climbing all over the seats and then if not going for beer going to toilets, we missed a lot of the first hour, they should adopt the system that snooker uses, you can go out but you stay out till the interval. Rant over it was a great night and only question now is will anybody win anything in 2011 apart from Bou !

Having been to Sheffield before we knew what to expect of the top trial riders, but the reason we drove 250mile there a back was to see ( no disrespect to the trials riders) was to see Danny Mac. It was a shame he could,nt ride but some one from the push bike trials world could have took his place. Intresting to know when he found out that he could,nt ride as some people may have paid on the night just to see him.

PS. it was still a bloody good night well done Dids & Bou is in a diiferent class at the moment.

Yeah - maybe it was a late notice thing. I'm sure we could have maybe persuaded Ben Savage and Sam Oliver to come with us. Would have been good to see a couple of world level riders have a go at the sections.

Watched the eurosport coverage last night. don't like the new format spent most of the night trying to explain to the mrs how it worked

fully agree with jack burnicle when he said "I don't like to see Fugi and josep milling around with nothing to do, they should be out there entertaining the crowds." think he summed it up with that.

Also how the hell did they come to the conclusion that Bou beat dibs in the race????? :thumbup:

Well done dibs!!!

Me and my mates thoroughly enjoyed the competition. 3 of them had never seen trial riding and although they struggled to understand the format they still enjoyed it and want to come back next year :huh: Might even puersuade them to get bikes!!!

I didnt think the format, although complicated, was to bad. Where it struggled was the 3rd part of the trial where lampkin and fajardo went out. The sections they had to complete were to easy for them, as in they were all clean bar dougie. Lampkin made a mistake and it was all over for him and fajardo only went out because everyone riding those section were clean and he was slowest. If they had manged to take some dabs off the riders, it would not have had to come down to time and be based on there skill. Also, it would have given lampkin a chance to make amends for his 5. Having said that though i wouldnt want the job of setting sections for these guys, such a fine line between getting a clean and a 5.

Big shout out for loris Gubian after that horrible crash off the cotton wheels. Every time a rider went to drop off that top cotton wheel made me wince. Fair play to getting up and carrying on. Although i bet hes got to sit on a cushion for next few weeks!!!

Big shout out for loris Gubian after that horrible crash off the cotton wheels. Every time a rider went to drop off that top cotton wheel made me wince. Fair play to getting up and carrying on. Although i bet hes got to sit on a cushion for next few weeks!!!

Probably got a headache as well after the bike landed on his head on the PJ1 section.

New format was OK to follow. My only problem was Fajardo and Fuji going out.

Why not have 6 in the final like always?

Only other complaints (apart from Danny McCaskill not riding :huh: ) were -

- 2 points for losing the race at beginning of TX3 : too harsh, either leave it as 1 mark or have it to purely decide riding position for TX3

- Final points scoring eg: 20pts for win, 15pts for 2nd, 12pts for 3rd... AGAIN why not leave as outdoor scoring : 20, 17, 15, 13, 11, 10 etc?? As it stands now if Bou wins next round everyone else can pretty much write of the 2010 indoor season as he will be 10 points (at the very least) clear of 2nd place. Who would catch him from there?? No one

Edited by beatabeta

I've already posted this in the Rappers Column about Sheffield, but for those who don't pick it up there the FIM have announced changes for the next round

Clickety linky

Gawd, it gets worse... Can't see Bou and Co swallowing this either. Why oh why don't they just let all of them ride all section and the best man win. Its pathetic :o