Hebo Aux. Fuel Tank

tilertrialler

The hebo aux fuel tank clips on the forks and has a pipe which connects to the fuel cap syphoning the fuel, i understand the principal and have seen one connected to a gas gas , the problem with the beta is the breather conector on the fuel cap is to small how are people getting over this , mine is an 06 beta ,are the evo caps different?

Hi

I have the same problem ('08 Rev 3) and have to detach the tank from the forks and pour it into the bike. Not perfect but better than walking home!

I'll be watching this thread to see if there's a better soultion tho'.

Cheers

Hi

I have the same problem ('08 Rev 3) and have to detach the tank from the forks and pour it into the bike. Not perfect but better than walking home!

I'll be watching this thread to see if there's a better soultion tho'.

Cheers

I understand the problem, however there is no need to continually detach the Hebo (brand) aux tank from the forks.

Simply carry a long length of tube that fits the outlet spur on the aux fuel tank, long enough to reach into the main fuel tank.

Also when not in use a length of pipe is used to blank off the two pipes of the aux tank effectively creating a loop so the fuel goes no-where.

Then using the short length of pipe as a blowing tube, attach it to the breather connector on the aux tank and attach the long tube to the outlet insert the other end into the open main fuel tank. Then proceed to blow into the short tube which will vent the aux into the main tank.

A deep inward breath and a long continuous blow will vent the aux tank into the main. Repeat as necessary to either fully expel the fuel into the main tank as required.

Remember do not breath in when doing this, or you will injest harmful toxic fuel air vapour and do not do this near a naked flame or have the bike running (fire and explosion risk).

After you are happy with the level in the main tank, simply disconnect the long hose, pop the short hose back on to reconnect the two pipes on the Hebo aux tank and put the fuel tank cap back on and ride into the sunset, remembering to put the long hose back in your tool belt!

Hope this helps

Big John

Most people just push the original tahk breather hose up inside the outlet pipe that has an internal pipe to the bottom of the aux tank. This works ok and syphons the top tank. Momt the aux tank cap breather via its clip supplied to throttle cable. ie. highest point on the bike. On our bikes I was a little worried about the bore size and any restriction in the original tank breather , so I got a spare Beta fuel cap ,took out the breather assy. and tapped out the hole 10mm and made a hosetail 5.5 mm bore and connected to this. This has been proved to work perfectly in The Tough One and The Scott. When you give the throttle a blip you can see the aux tank gulping air.

I have been running my Hebo tank for a year and it worked fine in Scotland last year. Just poke the Beta breather pipe (Attached to fuel cap approx 3mm dia (OD)) into the end of inlet pipe supplied on the aux tank which is attached to the pipe which goes to the bottom of the aux tank (Like a drink straw). You have to thread the hebo pipe (Black) between the bars and headstock such that it is close to the Beta fuel cap and breather pipe and allows you to rotate the bars from lock to lock with nothing catching etc.

This syphens fine on my bike, but I have heard a few stories of this not being 100% effective. This method means that the aux tank empties first and when refueling the bike (Main & Aux) you just pull the fuel cap breather pipe out of the end of the aux inlet pipe.

I had this on my 09 Evo and it also works fine on my 2010.

I hope this makes sense and helps

Cheers

Tony

Most people just push the original tahk breather hose up inside the outlet pipe that has an internal pipe to the bottom of the aux tank. This works ok and syphons the top tank. Momt the aux tank cap breather via its clip supplied to throttle cable. ie. highest point on the bike. On our bikes I was a little worried about the bore size and any restriction in the original tank breather , so I got a spare Beta fuel cap ,took out the breather assy. and tapped out the hole 10mm and made a hosetail 5.5 mm bore and connected to this. This has been proved to work perfectly in The Tough One and The Scott. When you give the throttle a blip you can see the aux tank gulping air.

If it works for Bigwig, that's good enough for me! :huh:

Big John

Hi

as prreviously stated simply push the fuel cap breather pipe into the aux tank pipe, this can be a bit awkward as it is a tight fit

when re-fueling pull the original breather off of the cap rather than pulling pipes apart.

This has worked for my young un for the last rwo scottish`s without any problems.

I can see where Bigwig is comming from, i did wonder about that, but we ran the tank for a long time before the Scottish without any hassel,

but if you have the skills to do as Bigwig has done then it will do no harm

The only comment would be that my young fella will never use the revs that Alex would, therefore not the same demands are being made of the breather system

Either way they are a great piece of kit if a little pricey

whiz