Kt250 Parts

jamieson

Hi there!

I Recently bought a KT 250 and have been looking around for a few spares. I have found a company in USA (California) and one in New Zealand that can supply certain parts but postage costs to the UK are pretty steep so just wondered if anyone knows of anyone in the UK that can provide parts for this model.

I keep a look out on that well known auction site but as these bikes are pretty rare parts don't come up very often.

Thanks

Simon

Edited by Jamieson

Yeah freight sucks for New Zealand,but Fred and Deb's KT parts good folks to deal with,already purchased the spring kit and getting ready to order front fender brackets and ex/muffler stepdown grommet. Lots of good stuff to purchase.....Ps please post picy of kt 250

Photo's attached, as requested. Sorry about the poor quality but only had phone camera to hand.

Yes I know, the rear shocks are u/side down....don't know why but they need replacing anyway. Can anyone recommend what sort to fit?

Simon

KT250001.jpg

KT250002.jpg

The Betor nitrogen shock in 13.5 in size is what I use. $255/pr US from B&J Racing. Comes with a 70/100 spring that works for a large variety of riders. Those Falcons, Hagons and WPs are rebuildable.....but are twice as expensive, especially WPs. I run a 75 KT250.

yeah,heavy on the expensive, but I haven't built any custom shocks before. Ran about 550.00. got the heaviest spring set for trials I could buy

Don't mind spending the money though.......Rather spend it on the bike than give it to the goverment! don't know how long they will last but for now they are the dogs b****ks. and they don't bottom out like the stockers! Going to my 1st event(sat) since '97.....boy is this gonna hurt!

cheers

Before you run too many events you might want to consider building a skid plate for that Kwacker. They have lousy stock ones on them and the bulging cases are in need of rock protection. BTW a nitrogen shock is usually mounted USD like that. Just make sure your sprocket/ shock spring have clearance. Also, if you run longer shocks, make sure your swing arm is not contacting the chain. If it is make a guard out of an old truck mudfap so it rubs on that. Enjoy..... You in the UK?

Yeah, I'm in the UK. Will definately fit a bash plate to the bike and got a few other things to sort out as well before using it in competitions.

Thanks all for the advice about the rear shocks. I've curently got a pair of new nitrogen Betor shocks on a 'Tiger Cub' that I'm looking to change for some more classic looking units so may fit the Betors to the KT. If they're no good will try the NJB classics or Falcons.