Whats The Difference?

serious3

between BR6ES plug and a BPR6ES plug? can i use the "p" plug in my 315r??

don't use the BP. The "P" plug has an extended electrode, it's ground strap sits aproximatly 5mm further down in the combustion chamber, some engines this creates a clearance problem from the piston to the sparkplug, the "P" plugs are generally used in 4-stroke engines that are designed for this type of plug

don't use the BP. The "P" plug has an extended electrode, it's ground strap sits aproximatly 5mm further down in the combustion chamber, some engines this creates a clearance problem from the piston to the sparkplug, the "P" plugs are generally used in 4-stroke engines that are designed for this type of plug

What he said!

Although people do use the iridium BPR one on the 315 with reported success so it doesn't foul the piston on this engine.

I use the BP plugs in all the trials bikes and I have not found one yet that has clearance problems. I have a shop and work on them all. The projected nose seems to work well. the idea is that at low revs it will stay hotter (less fouling) and will not be as hot when there is lots of flow to cool it (high revs).

looked to be about 3mm difference in the length so i threw it in and off it went. no problems at all apart from it ran better as the old plug was shot. so you can get away with the "p" type plugs in a 315r! roll on next week when my iridium one arrives! thanks for the replies lads.