Mansfield Maun

nigel dabster

1 Evan Allan 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 3 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 178

Hope this lad got the biggest round of applause, that is a tough day and well done for comleting the course??

Have entered some tough events myself and racked up the 5's and that was not an enjoyable experience!!!!

Dare I say the course was too hard ? For so many Youth A to to score over 100 seems to indicate it was too hard ? Not complaining as I know how hard is is too set out sections, and testing these lads is always going to be tough. Seems alot of marks could have been saved if the time limit of 90 seconds could have been increased, or maybe the sections were a little too long ?

Time limit didn't seem to be any issue for the Youth B route but again scores seemed a bit too high.

Thoroughly enjoyed the day, trial was run very professionaly and results on the PC by the time we got home.

Dare I say the course was too hard ? For so many Youth A to to score over 100 seems to indicate it was too hard ? Not complaining as I know how hard is is too set out sections, and testing these lads is always going to be tough. Seems a lot of marks could have been saved if the time limit of 90 seconds could have been increased, or maybe the sections were a little too long ?

Time limit didn't seem to be any issue for the Youth B route but again scores seemed a bit too high.

Thoroughly enjoyed the day, trial was run very professionally and results on the PC by the time we got home.

Had a little feedback along the same lines. Not really any change from last year. We all know it is difficult and many parents don't want to rock the boat but a thought for the conditions and the fact these are 125's wouldn't go amiss at these trials. I know a local who went down to watch likened the sections to Expert A national sections.

Certainly don't want to rock the boat ! My son and I don't have the experience to really crtisice the course. Just thought the scores pointed that way.

Maybe, as you say, it's just a tough trial. We'll have to see what the next round is like in Sidbury. Lets hope my van gets us there with a bit less drama this time ! last 2 miles stuck in first gear !

Is it not up to the riders to raise their game, had Morphet, & Sheppard, who could still ride as youth A or Sadler been there one of then would have lost around 20 marks. As its a British championship trial it should be a fairly tough standard, the recent weather made the course slippery, but most sections were ridden for a clean or one at some stage in the trial so i don,t think the C of course should lower his standards instead maybe the riders should raise theirs, the trial was there to test the best in the country and it did just that, in fact i think it was the best trial i,ve seen at Bracken for a long time.

Just to clear up on the first lap there were 8 clean rides for ALL riders on ALL sections. on the Second lap 7 clean Rides on the third 10 so that's 25 cleans from a total of 252 sections or a 10% success rate for ALL riders. Length of sections was also criticised many riders being out of time feet from the end flags. Many riders "enduro'ed" though to get a three and that's no test for a Trials rider. Yes If Rich had been there I'd expect him to pull in less marks as would Shepard etc. However the riders behind them will not improve on courses with sections that do not allow you to "ride" the section. Chris Short and Chris Stay would still have been the top two but the following riders would have been sorted on riding ability not who was fastest thru a section.

Last years North East Trial seems to have been a good example of this. Most at the Trial considered it a good test and the top riders came out on top.

The Idea is to that the difficultly is behind the Adult Expert A course which is really designed for 250 and bigger machinery. Lets face it the "top" Youths will get out on that course anyway and this year will have more chances to do that course than the A class anyway.

Edited by Telecat

Just to clear up on the first lap there were 8 clean rides for ALL riders on ALL sections. on the Second lap 7 clean Rides on the third 10 so that's 25 cleans from a total of 252 sections or a 10% success rate for ALL riders. Length of sections was also criticised many riders being out of time feet from the end flags. Many riders "enduro'ed" though to get a three and that's no test for a Trials rider. Yes If Rich had been there I'd expect him to pull in less marks as would Shepard etc. However the riders behind them will not improve on courses with sections that do not allow you to "ride" the section. Chris Short and Chris Stay would still have been the top two but the following riders would have been sorted on riding ability not who was fastest thru a section.

Last years North East Trial seems to have been a good example of this. Most at the Trial considered it a good test and the top riders came out on top.

The Idea is to that the difficultly is behind the Adult Expert A course which is really designed for 250 and bigger machinery. Lets face it the "top" Youths will get out on that course anyway and this year will have more chances to do that course than the A class anyway.

Are you saying the IOW boys are doing the BTC aswell this year?