Yamaha Ty250 Twinshock

simonjbird

It would appear that my previous post of the same title was removed becasue I placed a link to an ebay auction which is against the rules of the forum. However this was not my ebay auction and I was only posting the link in order to show the colourway of the bike to try and establish the year and any other associated details of the bike. So instead, I've placed the picture instead (please note this is not my bike, but is an accurate representation of how it looks...albeit considerably cleaner).

YamahaTY250Twinshock.jpg

Many thanks for all of your previous comments and help. Maybe I should rstore it myself as a project?

Right hand side of headstock and will start with 493- in your case and most likely the next number will be a 2. The same numbers should appear on the right side engine case inner just in front of the kickstart.

Tony

Hi everyone, I have the frame and engine VIN now, however they are different to eachother:

Frame VIN: 493-301827

Engine VIN: 493-300961

If anyone knows what year that makes this bike then that would be much appreciated, and based on the fact that the VINs are different for the engine and frame, does this mean that the engine is not the original one that sat in this frame. Does that have any huge impact on it's value?

Fired it up after a few goes, then the throttle cable snapped! Doh! At least it's a runner.

As always, any help is really appreciated

English public school actually :thumbup:

I didn't realise motorcyle geeks were capable of good quality banter!?

Seriously, thanks for all your help guys. Really appreciated.

"Book by cover" and all that......

There is a little placard on the side of my toolbox,"Make all your mistakes new ones."

• 1 year later...

I would like to confirm the model of my TY250, but the external links in this topic given previously no longer work. I have searched, but not found any equivalent information.

Has anyone got a new source of this information ?

(My serial number is 493-100980)

thanks

Ian