Yorkshire Newbie

laffing-gas

Hi everyone im from dewsbury west yorkshire and was wondering if anyone is a member af a trails club in or around the same area ?

Ive had my bike (gasgas txt 280) around six months now and im now interested in joining a club and maybe getting into doing a few proper trials insted of just going around the woods and old quarrys in my area.

Any info about clubs or places to ride would be much appreciated ive looked around on the net but not come up with much at all.

I need answers and info like do i have to be legal on the bike to be a member of a club (ive got no bike license and it isnt road legal)

and do i need to be a certain standard on the bike as im not very good realy ??

Thanks in advance for any help and a happy new year to all

no you dont have to be road legal for trials apart from the road trials! there are loads of clubs round your area. chech some of these out..

www.bradfordtrials.co.uk

www.yorkshiretrials.co.uk

www.yeadon-guiseleytrials.co.uk

www.ilkleymotorclub.org.uk

www.wlmc.fsnet.co.uk

on all of these site it tells you how to join the club!!!!!! ;)

p.s. to become a member of a club you first have to obtain an ACU licence which is easy!! Go on this web site below. have fun

www.acu.org.uk

Edited by matt

welcome aboard laffing-gas!

I'm from Leeds and currently live in Wakefield, and I'm a member of Horsforth DMC. Website can be found at www.horsforthtrials.co.uk

At this time of year we run a lot of trials at Tong (near the Garden Centre), so if you fancy popping along we have a Novice and Beginner in the not too distant future.

you can get an ACU registration form from the secretary and he'll stamp it for you.

Let me know if you want any more info...and good luck!!!!

do you really have to be a member of the acu and a club, i know your supposed to but is it essential

To enter any trial under the ACU banner you must be a member of an ACU affiliated club firstly, (to get your ACU affiliation signed) you then become, a member of the ACU. on payment of yer 10 quid per year.

It is necessary for insurace purposes, what would happen if we all rode round with no cover at all?

What would happen if you got injured/injured another competitor/official?

There are benefits from being an ACU member that can far outweight the

If you're stupid enough to announce it, then don't be surprised if you're turned away from a trial. I would, just because you didn't have the sense to shut up if you're out of order.

Presumably you haven't got an ACU licence then? Or did you forge the secretaries signature on your licence application?

It really annoys me when people are willing to take advantage of the good nature of others, just through being blatantly tight.

You get some shirty clubs who would turn genuine licence holders away just because they forgot their licence on the day.

You are the reason.

You get other clubs who sometimes rely on the honesty of others and the fact that if you put your licence number on the entry form and sign it, that's good enough. Well it would be for most.

Get it sorted, it's worth a damned site more than you think.

ive recieved an e.mail from bradford trials club and the guy (Ron) is going to forward me a couple of acu application forms and some info about bradford trials club so it looks like me and a mate will soon becoming the newest members of bradford trials club :hl:

I promise i will never say bradford trials club that many times in one sentance again :ph34r:;)

as far as i can tell if youve not got a acu license your up **** creek if you come off and hurt yourself or anyone that happens to be in the way when you come off and its only a tenner so whats the big deal ??

Guest gasgastxtpro

there is no big deal about 10 pounds

i was just not aware that it was essential

and i was not aware upon the purposes of an acu membership fgs calm it.

I thought that you were a member of Richmond mc , as you were putting up all the dates etc and riding and observing there???

Im sure that they will be pleased with your honesty ;)

Nope that was Me and My son is a member of Richmond. I'm (And the rest of the Family) are member's of Yeadon-Guiseley but We join other clubs for the competition. IE He is a member at Eboracum where you get slightly different courses in very different locations. Its all good experience for him. The only thing to watch for is what rules you are riding to. The Centre rules are for "Non-Stop" but a few clubs prefer the "One for a stop" rules. (TSR22(A) or TSR22(:ph34r:). Also you'll find some clubs run by dictatorship and others have policies decided by the Members at regular club meetings, (No names no Pack drill). You can come along to Yeadon Guiseleys any time and join up We meet every two weeks and the next is on the 19th January. We also have a closed to club at Addingham on the 16th at which you are welcome to join. It could be a bit tough for a beginner but the venue is also used for practice and Beginners trials so its good to see what goes on on the day.

:hl:

Guest gasgastxtpro

I sometimes ride sometimes observe and sometimes put dates up in my signature etc.

Although i currently have no official connect with the club.

*Villie*

The Centre rules are for "Non-Stop"

The centre rules is TSR22a OR TSR22b. The clubs have a choice which rule to run thier trials under. This includes any trial run as a Yorkshire Centre Championship trial.