American World Champ

kramit

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I venture to say all of the Junior line World Rounds will be cleaned or single digit rides even.

I would guess it's pure economics. Spend a boat load of money and what's the return on your investment??? In Europe maybe there is some money for winning or placing high in the World rankings for endorsmemnts or contracts to ride for a certain team but in the US it's probably just a matter of self satisfaction which is a pretty expensive ego boost.

Last year there was just two rounds won on single figures, Gratterola in Italy(!) on 9 Gomez in andorra on 4.

No rider made any money in the juniors last year i'm sure. Its just too expensive simply getting to events even when starting from europe.

If you think there is any return on investment then you are mistaken.

Edited by Nigel Dabster

Last year there was just two rounds won on single figures, Gratterola in Italy(!) on 9 Gomez in andorra on 4.

No rider made any money in the juniors last year i'm sure. Its just too expensive simply getting to events even when starting from europe.

Maybe no one made any money but Craig G. had one hell of write-off!!!!!!!

If you read down a couple of posts you will see where I corrected mt statement. My point was that I DON'T think there will be many or any more clean or low point trials this year and that there IS NOT a chance for a return on the investment.

If money where no object and you had the money to stay over and do it so you could say you did it, assuming you had that much talent, that would be a whole different story.......