Schrieber Replica

virginiatrials

post-8714-1269474783.jpgI thought you SWM enthusiasts might enjoy a picture of my SWM project .The bike is a 1980 Tl 320 that was originally sold in England, imported to Califoria in the late 80's and found last year in a salvage yard in Montana. I have tried to replicate Bernie Schriebers last Factory TL320 before he started riding the Jumbo. My project incorporates all of the mods from the french Burgat article on this forum and everything I could see from the photos in Bernies' book "Observed trials". My only real change from the original factory bikes is a modified Pro Circuit Racing silencer that weighs about a fourth of what the original did. That and other weight reduction mods bring the weight down to about 190lbs. I also moved the footpegs back and down which made a world of difference in handling.The original rear frame loop has been modified and the rear fender changed to the later type configuration. Lots of other mods have really transformed the bike to a great twinshock competition machine. Many thanks to Martin, JohnnyB,Tony 283, pedronicsman and many others who have offered parts,help and advice. Cheers, Jim Edited by Virginiatrials

post-8714-1269564605.jpg Thanks all, Tried to upload more than one picture but could.nt for some reason. Johnny, the axle worked fine ,just needed to be shortened a bit. I will be moving to vintage B this year, thanks for your help.See you at the Candytown event. Jim Edited by Virginiatrials

:thumbup: Looks great ! Now you just have to load it up and come down and ride some ITSA and MTR events ...

Just a bunch of twinshock folks having too much fun !

http://metrolinatrials.com/ or http://itsa.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?p...;club_id=922050

We have events all over the country now and a great one coming up at TTC , You should come out and ride with some likeminded people ,

it will do your soul some good ! ;)

Glenn

The greatest weight savings I found other than the silencer was the aluminum swingarm(about 1.4 lbs lighter than the chromemoly steel unit and much more rigid). I replaced the heavy steel spacers between the wheelbearings with titanium tube saving almost a pound(titanium tubing is available from McMaster-Carr). I was tempted to have titanium axles made, which would have saved a pound or two, but could'nt justify the cost. I also made a aluminum replacement for the steel airfilter housing. Removal of the rear frame loop for the newer style fender saved a litttle. Lastly,since the kickstand mount was broken off the Aluminum swingarm when I found it, I opted to run the bike without the kickstand,saving another pound or so. Cheers,Jim

Edited by Virginiatrials