Paint Solution

kozubs

I've seen a lot of questions as to the paint colour for the scorpa tank. I just sprayed my tank and rear fender. I got a small can of touchup paint from Canadian Tire (local hardware/automotive store) that matched extreemly close. The paint is made by duplicolor. The colour that I used was for a Honda called Electron Blue. I need to put my old fender right up to it to see a differance. The paint sprays extreemly well and even. I wet sanded with 2000 grit and clear coated. Now she's a nice custome metalic blue, silver and black custom that I can see my reflection in. I should also note that I have no experiance painting so this is very simple. Hopefully she doesn't bubble when put fuel in. I hope this info helps.

I did put on about 6 coats of clear. However, I used a spray bomb from an automotive store and the clear doesn't like gas. Lesson learned. I've heard conflicting reports that duplicolor clear may work well but I may get an automotive store to mix me up some proper clear coat with a catalysis. I also couldn't possibly wait the needed 6 week cure time. I'm curious what you used for clear??? I'll get a photo up soon.

• 2 weeks later...
I did put on about 6 coats of clear. However, I used a spray bomb from an automotive store and the clear doesn't like gas. Lesson learned. I've heard conflicting reports that duplicolor clear may work well but I may get an automotive store to mix me up some proper clear coat with a catalysis. I also couldn't possibly wait the needed 6 week cure time. I'm curious what you used for clear??? I'll get a photo up soon.

I too have used canadian tire spray....good match, no ones commented on it so far....I guess I tricked them.

clear coat a must....I'm courious about the black and silver you mentioned.......photod needed .....masso

• 7 years later...