Sherco 2010 Horror Stories

godzilla

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Horror stories?

How about the one where Albert Cabestany wins the FIM World Indoor Trial in Marseilles recently or maybe how Michael Brown Topped the Pops last weekend.

Nope there ones news to me, does this mean they are the pinnacle of reliability?

having recently bought an 09 sherco looking beyond the good looks and nice ride, id say the build quality and design was pretty poor, but they are only built to perform which they do.

things like grease nipples on the rear shock pivots would be nice, stainless steel spoke nipples so they dont rust/snap.. kick stands that dont snap an airbox that doesnt allow water to get in if you ride up a stream.. and a stop so the kick start doesnt damage the frame... all minor things and totally avoidable...

having recently bought an 09 sherco looking beyond the good looks and nice ride, id say the build quality and design was pretty poor, but they are only built to perform which they do.

things like grease nipples on the rear shock pivots would be nice, stainless steel spoke nipples so they dont rust/snap.. kick stands that dont snap an airbox that doesnt allow water to get in if you ride up a stream.. and a stop so the kick start doesnt damage the frame... all minor things and totally avoidable...

They are race bikes, as you stated! Form follows function! And good prep and maintenance is key!

How does your kickstart damage the frame? Does it need rotating forward a notch?

I just got back from the weekend at TTC having a chance on the new ones and spending a good part of it with Brad and Ryan of US Sherco.

All I can say is the bikes are indeed pretty awesome, feel really good to my liking! No worries about the Sherco motor!

Ryan has one set up with a supposed 312cc top and S-3 head on it! (new factory stuff?) LOTS of power! yet gentile as the big Beta is.

I think I fell in love with the new 250! Power is spot on and the front end is near effortless to lift for a good plant on the rear. I want one!

No horror stories to tell, mayby a few early tanks being replaced under warranty, as Brad said they have changed the welding process ov the internal baffle in the tank to add reinforcement.

Do we have to give that 250 motor to Scorpa? :P

[quote name='copemech' date='Mar 31 2010, 05:27 PM' post='233306'

Have there been any of the 250 engined ones made/delivered yet? Haven't seen any over here or heard any real mention since they were revealed at the shows

[quote name='copemech' date='Mar 31 2010, 05:27 PM' post='233306'

Have there been any of the 250 engined ones made/delivered yet? Haven't seen any over here or heard any real mention since they were revealed at the shows

I was told that we shall see the Scorpa/Sherco as a 2011 bike. Meaning end of year?

The Scorpa is a sweet bike, and with that motor should be awesome for the "rest of us" that do not do world championships and such.(98%)

I do think it could easily become the type of REAL bike that many want and need. Perhaps more conventional, nothing wrong with that!

:rotfl: