Engine Cleaner

houseape1000

Does anyone have any tips for removing the burnt on mud, and other debris from the engine, and getting it looking nice and silvery again. Cylinder has what looks like oily mud spots.....Baked on.

Is there a product to put on it.....like cillit bang, or do I just paint it with high-temp silver. Don't want the mess of painting though.

It's not a problem, but it does annoy me, looks tatty !

have you tried fuchs off or section one cleaner. spray a bit on leave it for a little then wash it off, rub it in with a brush on the worst places. really surprised me the first time i used it.

fuchs off

cant find the other one I'm sure its called section one cleaner but could be wrong.

Edited by wri5hty

99p for Elbow Grease at Semi Chem and it cleans oil off clothes as well. But trials riders never get oil on good clothes by just seeing a wee job as they pass the bike in the garage and starting in at it do they?

I use Turtlewax traffic film remover (TFR) , its a motor industry product that they use through a jetwash. I buy it in 25lt containers and it works out at 80p per litre. i wash

the bike off with a hose to remove the worst bits, then spray the TFR on the bike neat with a hand held plant sprayer. i then wash the plastics with soap and water, then rinse. I can honestly say that my bike is as clean as it was when new using this stuff.

I saw the guy next door to work using TFR on his car wheels, and asked what its like........anyway, he gave me about a litre in a spray bottle - buckshee.

What a thouroughly bloody nice chap.

I had to try a bit when I got home, and it seems to work pretty good.

Cheers for the replies.

Andy.

have you tried fuchs off or section one cleaner. spray a bit on leave it for a little then wash it off, rub it in with a brush on the worst places. really surprised me the first time i used it.

fuchs off

cant find the other one I'm sure its called section one cleaner but could be wrong.

If I go into Halfords and ask " do you have any.......Fuchs off " they'll think I have tourettes ! especially if I stuttered ! :rotfl: