Beta Fan

popsicle

Hello,

Today whilst out riding, My 2002 Beta Rev-3 fan did not come on at all regardless of temp. I checked the electrical connection to the fans and the fan did not come on even when manually connected, I belive I short Circuited the fan circuit in the Mag but not sure yet. Any ideas what it may be? take to mind that I have not had a chance to thoroughly look it over.

Was just hoping someone would have had this issue before.

Edited by Popsicle

Hey Steve

I will try that, as id like to try fix it on my own without my dads guidance for once. He already has it diagnosed and did what you suggested first thing when it didnt turn on.

Ben

Edited by Popsicle

Had a fellow recently that had same, as shorting the thermo switch did not work.

Traced it to what appears to be an integrated regulator/rectifier unit under the steering head which was obviously melted from inside. Real pain to get to on these things, drop the rad and such, and not sure what years use them, think his was about ,04 vintage.

Gives you something to go on, start cking the parts books or calling round to your dealer or importer as this is a specilized part and not common to others it seems.

However, you must not skip steps in the process, ck the actual fan itself with 12 V dc direct if you want to insure it runs. :wall:

• 7 months later...

Had a fellow recently that had same, as shorting the thermo switch did not work.

Traced it to what appears to be an integrated regulator/rectifier unit under the steering head which was obviously melted from inside. Real pain to get to on these things, drop the rad and such, and not sure what years use them, think his was about ,04 vintage.

Gives you something to go on, start cking the parts books or calling round to your dealer or importer as this is a specilized part and not common to others it seems.

However, you must not skip steps in the process, ck the actual fan itself with 12 V dc direct if you want to insure it runs. :wall:

Sounds like the problem I'm facing - bike boiled over while in Texas, then again a few weeks ago at our local trial. Tested the fan with a good 12v source and it ran well. Replaced the thermo switch & gasket along with the coolant. Noticed today that the fan was not coming on. Connected the two blue thermo switch wires together and got nothing while the bike was running. Appears that my next step would be to replace the regulator? The bike still runs great so I'm thinking its NOT the stator. Is there anything else I can do short of ordering a new regulator? 2000 Rev3 250 (yes, the one with the upside down forks).

Greg