New Us Beta Importer

nif40

Does anyone have information on the new Beta Importer?

When is he taking over?

Is there a current website?

It is about time someone takes over the Beta bikes and parts in the U.S. Our current importer has his prices hiked up so high, you would think the parts were laced in gold.

Nif40 I see you might be happy with the new importer. I have not seen them post anything yet to any trials related web sites. Be interesting to see if there is any Beta supprt at the national next week.?!

Be carefull what you wish for as this is a very small sport.

RL should be there, as he is the only one listed in OK, and I seen only one listed in TX(ouch), but should be there as well.

Not sure what they will do as far as top level sponsorship, but they are damn good bikes it seems. Cannot fault the bikes just because the importer has changed. :thumbup:

I think the relative weakness of the Euro vs the dollar has more to do with the prices coming down at this point. I can tell you the Commo's haven't been living the high life off profits from importing Betas. I think they made more money from the chainsaw business. Especially given the cost of supporting the frame/swingarm issues from the initial EVO production run. No profit there.

The frame swing, arm was a factory warranty so maybe some shipping cost.

The new importer will be at the Oklahoma nationals ask for Tim. He has been in contact with all dealers. They are bringing parts and demo bikes. He wants to do things a little different and have dealers in the area of nationals be the team support. I will be in the sherco camp helping Brad and if a beta rider needs some help ill be available.

I always wonder why some people have a hate on for folks who have poured their heart and soul into this sport for some 25-30yrs, tryed to make a living from it as well! Along the way they have supported many riders . I am sure if they had chosen to make a living at something else, after that length of time, been fairly well off, or at least have a fair bit to show for it. Not trials! Just shuffled aside, no recognition for their contributions, or at least a thank you for doing there best! We as riders can be a bit fickled sometimes hey..... The Commos have given a big chunk of their lives for this sport, and for Beta in North America. I for one am sad, and feel for them. But I also know that they love this sport, and because of that will always continue to be a part of it in someway!! thanks guys for all your help and your friendship!

Steve

To all USA Beta Owners,

We would like to express our thanks to our customers and to let them know that although we are no longer the USA Beta distributor as of April 1st,2010. We have a large supply of parts from 85 - 2010 models available and will continue in the Trials Business as a Dealer for Gas Gas , Beta , Sherco (upon confirmation)and others to be named soon as RCS Racing ..

To the customers thinking we took advantage of them .... understand we always put every dime back into parts and being at the USA Nationals with support and parts allowing us to quickly and correctly deliver parts to our customers next day if necessary. We always had a 100% fill on parts for the current model , this alone is incredibly expensive ..each year this would mean that the profit from many bikes was used for parts changed from year to year models.

Having dealers do the parts and Service at the Nationals will be interesting as no dealers stock enough parts to supply guys and most have limited service knowledge to deal with most situations .. I carried over 40k in parts at the Trailer I carried at the nationals and to my knowledge never had a rider DNF because of not having the parts available. We supplied water and Gatorade for Beta Riders and a FREE cookout after the event as well .. and worked many nights until 12 am on guys bikes to make sure they were prepared for the following day..

enough said.. I wish AB Distribution the Best ..

Good Luck in 2010

Thanks and Best Wishes,

Ron Commo Jr and Family

Edited by Ron

To all USA Beta Owners,

We would like to express our thanks to our customers and to let them know that although we are no longer the USA Beta distributor as of April 1st,2010. We have a large supply of parts from 85 - 2010 models available and will continue in the Trials Business as a Dealer for Gas Gas , Beta , Sherco (upon confirmation)and others to be named soon as RCS Racing ..

To the customers thinking we took advantage of them .... understand we always put every dime back into parts and being at the USA Nationals with support and parts allowing us to quickly and correctly deliver parts to our customers next day if necessary. We always had a 100% fill on parts for the current model , this alone is incredibly expensive ..each year this would mean that the profit from many bikes was used for parts changed from year to year models.

Having dealers do the parts and Service at the Nationals will be interesting as no dealers stock enough parts to supply guys and most have limited service knowledge to deal with most situations .. I carried over 40k in parts at the Trailer I carried at the nationals and to my knowledge never had a rider DNF because of not having the parts available. We supplied water and Gatorade for Beta Riders and a FREE cookout after the event as well .. and worked many nights until 12 am on guys bikes to make sure they were prepared for the following day..

enough said.. I wish AB Distribution the Best ..

Good Luck in 2010

Thanks and Best Wishes,

Ron Commo Jr and Family

Well, I must admit I am miffed about all this! The other day I looked on their website and did not find some names on their dealer list, including RCS. Today I could not even find a dealer list.

The Beta parts supply was short this year at TTC training days. I(we)tried to help out one fellow with a fan problem, but the rectifier/ regulator assy was toast. Good luck finding one of them. Poor lad, drove all the way from up north to break down.

Ron Jr. and the Commo's have always been tops in my book. I have had Beta products in the past and have had top notch support. I also consider him a friend and total supporter of trials in the US. Hopefully the help and support of the Commo's will continue in an even broader sense now with things as they are. A Boatload of experience with the product for sure, that cannot be replaced!

I will not even get into Ron Jr.s riding experience, I think I did see his pic on that TDN thread, he was skinny then! Ha! Old fart can still ride! Maybe he can do it more now, not a bad idea! :thumbup:

Yeah I'll admit I'm not happy either. The new importer will have to go a long way to impress me and putting the burden of national support on the local dealers is a bit too much like outsourcing.

As for Ron Jr's riding experiance I can relate two stories about the respect he earned in the trials world:

At the Canadian world round in Tweed Ontario I watched all the top US riders and most of the top European riders practicing the day before the event. There was a huge rock wall and the top guys were doing, the then, "new" technique of what is now called a splatter. After watching for a bit Ron rolled up to the wall and let fly. After a few tries he had it down. I noticed something curious then. Several of the world guys stopped what they were doing to watch Ron. I also noticed they didn't even glance at the other US riders.

The other story is from the TdN in Belgium. It was extremely muddy and slippery. Ron was riding a Fantic and had made sure the other guys on Fantic were aware of a problem with the front caliper mounts breaking off the fork if they got loose. Sure enough on one bike the mounts broke. Ron finished the last couple of loops with his front caliper taped to the fork leg to keep it from falling into the spokes. Here's what really impressed me though. I was watching at a section which was a series of extremely steep serpentine climbs and drops when Ron rolled up to the start. Eddie LeJuene was walking the section and looked at Ron as he entered the section. Without saying a word Eddie casually walked over to the ribbon at the bottom of the first drop and backed up with his ankles against the tape giving Ron a critical couple of extra feet to stop at the bottom. After Ron turned and slingshotted up the next climb Eddie sauntered over to the next drop and did the same and again at the last drop. Once Ron had reached the exit at the top without a word Eddie walked over to his bike and prepared to ride the section. The LeJuene's are good people but make no mistake Eddie is a fierce competitor who during an event wasn't going to help the competition certainly at any risk to himself. That more then anything else showed me that even the top world guys had respect for Ron.

Steve you nailed it. I have been in the M/C bussines all my life and am new to trials. I had 1 dealing with Ron Commo and it was perfect good service very helpful and will do business with him again. Smart people know the value of a good dealer the rest they just complain. You can't fix stupid.