240 Pro Replacement Silencer Review

blocky

I had decided to replace the rear silencer on my newly acquired 240. The options I considered were...

An exact copy of the original from France Trial Classic

The WES after market silencer

A new silencer manufactured in Italy and on sale on ebay

I was tempted by the original copy but the downside was that it was not repackable. The WES silencer is repackable but looks different from the original and is reported to cause slight power loss. The ebay silencer was a complete unknown but after an email to the seller I decided bite the bullet and go down this route.

I managed to buy the silencer through ebay but choose to buy through the american site as doing so enabled me to pay in US dolars. Because of the exchange rates, this meant that I made a

Edited by Blocky

Looks pretty solid , Does the packing screen slide out easily to replace the packing when needed ? Looks alot better than the WES I'm running now. I like the way the end caps come off for cleaning . And my Wes has a small whole rubbed in it ...

Glenn :rolleyes:

I wonder if they are making more ? I'll have to contact them ...

Edited by axulsuv

Looks pretty solid , Does the packing screen slide out easily to replace the packing when needed ? Looks alot better than the WES I'm running now. I like the way the end caps come off for cleaning . And my Wes has a small whole rubbed in it ...

Glenn :rolleyes:

I wonder if they are making more ? I'll have to contact them ...

Oh what the Hell,Glenn ask them if they'll make two...

Im not 100% what it was made for, but I think it was a 125 aprilia road bike, there wasn't a front pipe on silencer. I made that from a piece of stainlees conduit.

It isn't repackable but it will do for now.

Mudguard is half a 315 montesa and original 200 bottom half.

• 5 weeks later...

I got one of these Monday, waited a month but worth the wait, nice bit of kit, fits a treat and sounds okay,now iam going to make a new expansion pipe from stainless and that should just about sort out the exhaust side of the bike.