Novogar Boots

trialsguysid

New reply to an old thread.   I picked up a pair of Novogar Rage trials boots a few months ago.  I got them, new in the box, from a guy who bought them and they were too small for him.  They do seem to be a bit small to the listed size. 

Because I have very high arches, I bought some of the longer "straps" for the lowest buckle.  The boots do feel stiff and like they will need a long break in period so I have been alternating between them and my very experienced (old, old) Gaerne's. 

With about 30 hours of Novice/Intermediate riding on the Novogars, I had the same thing happen yesterday.  The lowest buckle tore off the boot right along the stitching at the bottom of the buckle.  (click the pic to see entire pic)

I am looking for help from anyone who has had this problem.  Did you repair them?  How did you do that? 

Thanks

I had two pairs of the Novogar boots. Mine were the dark boots that looked like carbon fiber. Like the others said they took awhile to breakin, and were ok comfortable, but i had a problem with both pairs of boots that caused me to try a different brand. The lowest buckle strap tore off both pairs of boots within 4 months of use. First time was due to a minor tipover and the second was due to only using them. I now have a pair of oiled Garnes. I like them.

post-16243-0-55498600-1441383707_thumb.jpg

Edited by thats_a_five

• 2 years later...

I know this is an ancient topic but when i had an enduro bike i bought some Novogar trail boots which were almost identical to the trials boot. I really rated them and they were so comfortable off the bike too which was important on long trips as i don,t take shoes with me for camping in the evenings. I sold these ages ago and just do a bit of trail riding in Army boots which are great for walking about in and a little off roading but after a couple of minor offs i had some quite horrible ankle and calf injuries and am going back to a trials/trail type boot. I have recently purchased a Gas Gas trials bike to learn a few skills on and compliment my Suzuki DRZ400s. I need some boots that will work on the trials bike but also be suitable for a little light green laning. Do Novogar still exist as i cannot find any of these boots in the UK anymore?

5 minutes ago, frenchy3 said:

I know this is an ancient topic but when i had an enduro bike i bought some Novogar trail boots which were almost identical to the trials boot. I really rated them and they were so comfortable off the bike too which was important on long trips as i don,t take shoes with me for camping in the evenings. I sold these ages ago and just do a bit of trail riding in Army boots which are great for walking about in and a little off roading but after a couple of minor offs i had some quite horrible ankle and calf injuries and am going back to a trials/trail type boot. I have recently purchased a Gas Gas trials bike to learn a few skills on and compliment my Suzuki DRZ400s. I need some boots that will work on the trials bike but also be suitable for a little light green laning. Do Novogar still exist as i cannot find any of these boots in the UK anymore?

Just answered my own question after doing a quick search.  Novagar went broke - we had issues with Alpine Star a few year ago so  won't sell them anymore - Gaerne are good as are Forma, Sidi and Hebo - but We have just started carrying the Wulf line and can't get enough of them - similar to a Novagar - seem to be standing up very well and you can't beat the price. The choice is yours, but try a few pairs with an extra pair of socks, before you buy.  Guess i will try the Wulfsport trials boot as i don,t need to buy anything too expensive as a casual rider.