Cbt Test Is It Necessary

I beleive I read somewhere recently that, if you passed your driving test in the days where you were then given a complementary full moped licence, then there is norequirement to do a cbt test. Although this is not a widely known fact. can anyone confirm this is the case?

Hi RTM, don't know the in's and out's of it all, but i passed my car test in 1985 (ouch), and finally done my Direct Access a couple of years ago in 2008, and i still had to do my CBT first.

More a confidence thing than anything.

Hope this helps.

Regards GaffaMont.

From the DVLA website;

If you have a car licence...

If you obtained your full car licence before 1 February 2001 you are automatically entitled to ride a moped without L-plates (D-plates in Wales).

If you obtained a full car licence after 1 February 2001 you must first complete a CBT course and obtain a DL 196 certificate to validate your entitlement.

Definition of a moped;

A moped has a maximum design speed not exceeding 50 km/h (approx. 31 mph). It has an engine capacity no greater than 50 cc and can be moved by pedals, if first used before 1 August 1977.

Before the re-vamp of the re-vamp of the re-vamp regarding motorcycle tests and entitlements, a full car licence would also allow you to ride up to a 125cc (with 'L' plates) but this is no longer the case. Not a bad thing in many peoples opinions but it's a shame the car test hasn't followed the same path.

Anyhooz, before I digress further.......get yer moped running, get out on the highway (Born to be Mild -Stepthruwolf)

GJ :rotfl: