World Round Sections

Andy

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's my understanding that the lower stream is partly controlled by sluice gates. I wonder if there is any plan to open them a little on one of the days. Now that would change things quite a bit.

That has been mentioned...

When somebody left the sluice gates open for the SSDT 2008 you would not have wanted to go under the bridge on the right hand side, it was fairly deep where the section was. Nice idea but I'd bet it'd be difficult to get it right.

What a set of sections ! All sections look like there will be little chance of rest areas.Lap scores will be very interesting.

Winning day score of 60 + I'll tip.

I dont think so, if so then the also rans will get a killing, the nature of the sections from what I think I see gives most guys a good shot a decent result?

Very good point spread, taking enough off the winner without shutting out the lower end of the entry, it does show it can be done without making it too hard or too easy.

If the weather doesn't turn nasty scores should be lower tomorrow now they have the sections sussed.

The style of sections doesn't look to have bothered Bou one bit, while the other three Spaniards don't look to have got to grips with them as well.

Just back from Fort Bill, and I'd have to say that Ishy has it spot on. Fajardo & Bou apart the other Spaniards didn't seem to settle to well. Bou is simply something else, the two 5's he had on section 6 were as soft as you'll ever see, one for breaking the tape when dropping in and the other for rushing the end and the back washed out on him, Dougie was graceful enough to acknowledge this.

Dougie was superb today and I hope he can replicate this tomorrow when the others may up their game.

Interesting to see them refuse to ride section 3 after Raga had dislodged some rockery, Raga quite rightly pointed out to the observer that the rocks should not be moved, so the rest simplt refused to ride it! A touch unfair on Raga.

Anyway, good day had although I'm not sure they had the crowds the event deserved or the organisers had wished for.

Edited by Hughesy

Hi all,

To me the perfect set of sections these days are ones that include the traditional as well as the visual spectacle.......that way the old, new & Tv audiences are catered for. At Fort William L&M got this spot on.

Section 15 will be great for Tv me thinks.............Fuji needs an altimeter!!!

fujiflying.jpg

Edited by IanJ

I've got that very move in close up HD video. Andy has this now so hopefully will appear on here soon.

.....and I've a good close up one from the front the detailing of the bash plate is great.... :mellow:...the size of the jump surprised me, I was aiming for the splat couldn't get tracked back in quickly enough

post-787-1277730111.jpg

Edited by Slapshot 3

I've got that very move in close up HD video. Andy has this now so hopefully will appear on here soon.

Can't wait to see that!

One thing I notice when taking pics is that you concentrate so hard sometimes juggling settings on cameras, lenses, getting into position, nudging others that block your position etc etc etc.........................that you actually miss the action!

Ian.

Tell me about it. I need to sit down now and watch what I filmed. I also spend the whole of the SSDT every year looking at a view finder. It's only back home looking at the clips that I actually see the whole section being ridden.

Tell me about it. I need to sit down now and watch what I filmed. I also spend the whole of the SSDT every year looking at a view finder. It's only back home looking at the clips that I actually see the whole section being ridden.

I remember in the early days of camcorders and the WTC I often saw the whole weekend in B&W...........:-)