What Bike For My Son?

colin1212

hi, i've had a 125 sherco for the last couple of years and it has been perfect, and its got plenty of power and is very stable to ride, have ridden gassers and betas and they dont seem as nice to ride and have less power throughout.

hi mate

i ride a gasgas and obviousley i would say there the best but to be completley honest i would say and sherco from 2004 onwards any gasgas from 2003 onwards or any beta from 2009 onwards theses bikes will be the best for a smooth stable ride but when your lad progresses will have plenty of guts for hime to get up the biggest of obstacles :rolleyes:

It's a regular question, and generally everybody sings the praises of their own machines. Nobody has done it so far, but anybody that says any one of them is rubbish is generally talking rubbish. I think he's really got to try to get a ride of them all and see which he prefers. He's going to find a big difference in power from the 280, a lot more clutch and revs needed. Different riding style really. If you get a good one, none of them will be disappointing.

If your lad is used to a Gas Gas then get a new or 2009 Gas Gas 125. The "better built" quotes attributed to other bikes are generally not that true. I know of a few problems that Beta's have and Sherco's and I could regale you with the Gas Gas faults as well. Suffice to say if you look after ANY of the 125's out there they will give sterling service. Even then you could be caught out by their flaws. The Beta Evo and Sherco ST are also pretty good with the older Beta REV-3 in it's later form with the Kehin Carb being a sturdy and sure footed machine.