Xispa Rebranded?

Andy

Funny litle press release received tonight with details on an XPA 300. Changed logos, changed company name, changed details, changed pretty much everything and sent on behalf of Alta Motor Group.

They're not sponsors of TC and therefore not legible for full-on publicity so I'm not going to publicise the full release, but it's an interesting change of tactics...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're not sponsors of TC and therefore not legible for full-on publicity so I'm not going to publicise the full release, but it's an interesting change of tactics...

I did not think that sherco were sponsors of TC, but they seem to do pretty well for all their publicity and press releases on Tc regrads new models etc?? ChinScratch.gif

I know what has gone on, but at what point does the info for jo public about all the bike brands (rather than just adverts for parts & acessories etc companies) become an advert rather than info?

I did not think that sherco were sponsors of TC, but they seem to do pretty well for all their publicity and press releases on Tc regrads new models etc?? ChinScratch.gif

I know what has gone on, but at what point does the info for jo public about all the bike brands (rather than just adverts for parts & acessories etc companies) become an advert rather than info?

Sherco are not sponsors of TC, nor are MRS although it's something I've talked to Malc, Rhoda and Carly about several times and I'd love to have such a respected name in the sport as MRS on board, but we've just never been organised enough to sort things out. At no point have I promoted the Sherco brand on this website over any other brand. Point me to any news article or press release which I've made which backs up your theory.

Even if it was/is some of the same people from Xispa the pics clearly show its an all new bike with some excellent ideas; what is the problem with letting them compete in an open market?

Too right. The Xispas were great at first and obviously made of quality parts. We had them at the Bob Macgregor Trials Academy and they performed well. I liked them a lot and the our young folk thought that the black and menacing look was cool. But they just started rattling alarmingly and stopped after a few days use, despite being advised that 'it is only a broken tooth - keep using them'. (the Xispas and not the young folk....but it is hard to tell sometimes)

So we are having to use our Scorpas and TTR's but with two bikes out, we are stuggling to keep up with demand etc.

Hopefully the Xispa debacle will turn out ok. We have our own version of the brand which is not for consumption in polite company!

I don't think it would be just Xispa's that would give you trouble. A Charity local to me went to Scorpa 125 4T's as the two strokes they used were high on maintenance and that was another make. Given the work cycle I'm not sure many Trials bikes these days would survive. The demand is for a competition bike that has to be light, powerful and can be easily thrown around. Most owners spend a weekend running them and spend the week "fettling" them back into shape. You need a bike that can stand being ridden for 7 hours a day for at least two days a week with riders of varying abilities and mechanical sympathy.

I don't think it would be just Xispa's that would give you trouble. A Charity local to me went to Scorpa 125 4T's as the two strokes they used were high on maintenance and that was another make. Given the work cycle I'm not sure many Trials bikes these days would survive. The demand is for a competition bike that has to be light, powerful and can be easily thrown around. Most owners spend a weekend running them and spend the week "fettling" them back into shape. You need a bike that can stand being ridden for 7 hours a day for at least two days a week with riders of varying abilities and mechanical sympathy.

Fair comment, especially the 'mechanical sympathy' bit however we have a few TY's we bought 25 years ago and they are still doing a job for us. We also have 2 Scorpa 125's which perform perfectly and the two TTR's we use never miss a beat. So when you compare our older bikes to the brand new Xispa's it is obvious that the Xispa's have issues.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the Xispa 125 as it is a tough wee bike which is well suited to what we do.

Separate gearbox - they started off copying Sherco and they have ended up copying Villiers! Whatever next side valve............................oh I'll get my coat.

I think they mean a "cassette" type gearbox not a separate (pre-unit) gearbox.