Xispa Rebranded?

Andy

Fair comment, especially the 'mechanical sympathy' bit however we have a few TY's we bought 25 years ago and they are still doing a job for us. We also have 2 Scorpa 125's which perform perfectly and the two TTR's we use never miss a beat. So when you compare our older bikes to the brand new Xispa's it is obvious that the Xispa's have issues.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the Xispa 125 as it is a tough wee bike which is well suited to what we do.

Funnily enough they had TY250's as well and they lasted a long time. But it has to be said that they fell out of favour because they didn't keep up with Beta, Sherco, Scopa, Gas Gas and Montesa when it came to competitive riding. A case of they were too well built and heavy. The Scorpa has the TTR engine so that is pretty rugged although the early TTR's did have Frame problems.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that is a 100% improvement from the last effort. If its reasonably priced and rides well i'm sure they will sell a fair few. It actually looks like somebody with a bit of artistic flare has been involved this time. Still slightly looks like an 09 Sherco though!

Fair comment, especially the 'mechanical sympathy' bit however we have a few TY's we bought 25 years ago and they are still doing a job for us. We also have 2 Scorpa 125's which perform perfectly and the two TTR's we use never miss a beat. So when you compare our older bikes to the brand new Xispa's it is obvious that the Xispa's have issues.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the Xispa 125 as it is a tough wee bike which is well suited to what we do.

Funnily enough I was just wondering the other day if RUTS was still on the go as I haven't heard of it for at least twenty years - are the same folk still involved?

I sympathise with your problems but have to say it was a risky strategy to bulk buy an unknown brand with no track record.

Sherco are not sponsors of TC, nor are MRS although it's something I've talked to Malc, Rhoda and Carly about several times and I'd love to have such a respected name in the sport as MRS on board, but we've just never been organised enough to sort things out. At no point have I promoted the Sherco brand on this website over any other brand. Point me to any news article or press release which I've made which backs up your theory.

There is not one specific article that i wanted to point to, it was that the appearence is that when you got sent a press release by sherco or scorpa etc, you put a picture up on the front page of the new bike with a simple explanation of the launch of any said machine.

Whereas with the xispa you just put it in here and refuse to put it up on the front page rather than just the basic formality of the others?

I have no vested interest anywhere along here but was just curious?

Well that is a 100% improvement from the last effort. If its reasonably priced and rides well i'm sure they will sell a fair few. It actually looks like somebody with a bit of artistic flare has been involved this time. Still slightly looks like an 09 Sherco though!

And the 2010 Sherco frame resembles the Gasser, :mellow:

Agreed great improvement over previous models in the "look" department. It looks like a capable machine, 295cc should satisfy the power hungry of us. Also agree that if reasonably priced and holds up well, rides well. Should sell a few.

If XPA would like to send me a couple free bikes for Team WGASA to test out, we would GLADLY put them through the paces of some really crappy club level riding. :P

Funnily enough I was just wondering the other day if RUTS was still on the go as I haven't heard of it for at least twenty years - are the same folk still involved?

I sympathise with your problems but have to say it was a risky strategy to bulk buy an unknown brand with no track record.

RUTS is going really well and working with over 1000 young people a year, see www.ruts.org.uk for the full scoop. Only the legendary Stod is still here from the old days. With regards to buying the Xispas, they represented the best value for the funding we had. We had to buy new, a condition determined by the funders, so two new Xispas appeared to be better than one new Sherco or Beta. I would have prefered 5 or 6 second hand machines, but daft rules rule eh!

cheers

Funnily enough the Bottom end rattles have been a "feature" of the Sherco usually down to the "Mains" not getting enough lubricant. I never had any trouble but used High Spec Castrol XR77 in the fuel.

Looking at the New XPA bike it has little in common with the Sherco Maybe the "Problems" they had in that most people perceived it as a Sherco copy forced the re design and rename??

Translated from Solo Moto Off Road

Trial Presentation Model 300

XISPA leads to XPA

Although it seems the same, it is not; XISPA continues and XPA is born.

Not exactly a 'new' brand, because it certainly bears the stamp of the first 'low-cost'-trial.

"XPA is a brand new trial bike," said Enric Messeguer, founder and owner of XISPA, and one of the leaders of the new direction being taken by the Spanish company. This is a new company, born from the hand of Upper Motor Group, an investment group, owner of XPA-, but has roots in the XISPA, who in his second period was devoted to making trial bikes over 50cc economic . Messeguer comments he is not involved 100% in the new project, and who it is supported by David Cobos, as a test driver and developer of the bike, and Tuz

Edited by for artie

• 2 weeks later...