Eric Kitchen - End Of An Era........

ianj

...............and a celebration of a fantastic life's achievement.

Well done Eric, looking forward to seeing the book.

Ian.

Addingham Moorside 2003, Eric takes 5 minutes out the sun:-

AddinghamMoorside2002.JPG

The Mackenzie Trial 2004:-

TheMackenzie2004.JPG

Edited by IanJ

Was going to start a topic on this myself, but I didn't quite know what to say. I totally understand the reasons (Eric is 77 years old after all!) but this news saddens me greatly :P He's such a familiar sight at the World rounds and very much one of the Team as well as being a perfect gentleman. It's not going to be the same not dropping round Eric & Ellen's camper for a cuppa and a biscuit, or Eric turning up in the press room with bottles of beer for the workers or watching him work his patter with the ladies (he might be 77, but he still has the patter!) :mellow:

I know Eric lurks on here so I'll stop now before his head gets too big!, but Enrico, you and your good lady are going to be sadly missed on the world scene - I'll have to talk to Jake now! :P

Belgium 2006

post-20-1278009395.jpg

Gorton, SSDT 2010

post-20-1278011270.jpg

As has been said before a charming couple who will be sadly missed.

Eric could also often be found at club trials in the Northern centre, taking photos that almost certainly would never be seen again fot the pure pleasure.

I have a superb one of me with my old Aprilia Climber coming up a step (feet up for once) at Top O Cross area with the Scafell range in the background.

Fantastic image and happy memories.

good luck for the future!!!

• 2 months later...