Power Balance Band

scotty97

A quick glance at their website leads me to say - utter balls!

Placebo effect at best, show me some scientific double blind tests and I might change my opinion.

+1

Snake oil.

Edited by noMates

:crying:<_<B)

what a crock!!

Fascinating. Someone must be buying them....

The only way these would work for Trials riders is to get two to strap your boots fast to the pegs. Course, then you would fall over and

not be able to get up, then you would need one of those gadgets that old people use to call for help when they fall down............

Jon

I've got one, There truely fantastic,

My balance has always been pretty naff,

But now with my Balance Band i can now stand at the top of blackpool tower, on my left foots little toe, whilst spinning a basketball on my left hands little finger.

There fantastic, honestly the world is my oyster!!!! <_<:crying:

Anyone tried one of these wristbands??????????????

They just put one on a friend of mine in the shop and he reckons it works.

Matter (anything which a physical object is made of) has a frequency. Everything in the world is made of matter and has a vibrational frequency even thoughts/emotions as they're often measured (EEG etc). Theirs a study in which athletes were measured visualizing running their race. They picked up the same brain activity and the muscles still fired in the same way due to being sent the message from the brain.

I've worn a similar device for many years and have put quite a few of my clients in them depending upon how receptive I think they'll be. It cost a lot more than that one does but I've proved to myself that their is a benefit and I wouldn't be without it.

I originally thought it was a placebo effect but knowing thoughts have such a positive effect I was quite willing to pay out once for something which would 'make me believe' I was stronger. However on a few occasions the cord has snapped (almost 10 years old remember) I've not realized its been missing but have felt awful to the point where I ended up in lay in bed. Same has happened for a client who rang me to tell me he had been ill all day until the hotel staff from where he'd stayed for work rang to say he'd left his in the hotel shower.

We're constantly surrounded by unnatural frequencies such as light sources, mobiles etc so an item that attempts to 'ground' you is worth a shot if your open to the facts about electrical activity in the brain/body.

So placebo or not if anything is going to work and have a positive effect on your bodies electrical system (we do work from electrical activity). Try the muscle tests from the opposite way. Get someone to assess your strength and then pick up a mobile phone or watch with a battery and retest. Or go the whole hog and test yourself after saying your weak 3 or 4 times. I won't even get started with a client unless they're 100% positive that they'll achieve the goal. If I get a doubter in what I'm doing then its a complete waste of their time and money. We've all gone into a section certain in our mind we'll 5 it and thoughts become actions.

I'm going to test one of them on myself so I'll report back if I notice anything different, won't be a double blind placebo but they can often get the answer they want anyway so I believe on seeing how it works personally. Sadly we still don't have many answers to a lot of things but it doesn't mean they don't work.

The film 'what the bleep' explains the subject very well. Somehow they made quantum physics into a good movie so you don't actually realise your learning.

As a once practicing hynotherapist I understand very well the power of suggestion and that some types are more predisposed towards it, just to throw in a little theology it was reported that jesus said physician heal thyself when confronted by a "quack"... Viracocha ( equivalent to jesus in pre history times in south america over 4000 years ago) is reported to have endowed "superpowers" to ordinary people who were believers. Queztzalacoatl in the Olmec civilisation was worshipped for endowing similar powers, Sumerian and Egyptian cultures had similar dieties. Whilst all of humankind and many now extinct civilisations have come and gone great physical achievements have been made through belief. It just gauls me that people will be charmed out of hard earned money in search of better performance based on a getting a mojo that works... in this instace to make you ride a trials bike better. Perhaps it's just another sign of decadence in our current civilisation. Call me an old git , old fashioned whatever but there is no substitute for hard work and discipline even if you can buy such a mojo for 23.99 at your local dealer.

It just gauls me that people will be charmed out of hard earned money in search of better performance based on a getting a mojo that works... in this instace to make you ride a trials bike better. Perhaps it's just another sign of decadence in our current civilisation. Call me an old git , old fashioned whatever but there is no substitute for hard work and discipline even if you can buy such a mojo for 23.99 at your local dealer.

I feel the same but in certain circumstances they may be at their limit to what hard work can do. Take for instance a person who works in an office surrounded by electrical equipment or a person with multiple mercury amalgam fillings, or in training terms the typical gym loaded with electrical equipment, light sources and LCD screen. They would be subjected to various differing frequencies or electrical stimuli. I've taken football teams and improved their times by dumping the battery powered heart rate monitors. I agree that people love the easy way out, but feel that rebalancing or grounding yourself isn't really an improvement in human function but more a tool to allow the body to work at its optimum by removing or restoring a more natural frequency.

If better performance comes from being in a more natural state its no different from a patient getting their back manipulated in order to improve posture/balance. Its just taking them back where they should actually be if it wasn't for the modern world.