Is This Normal?

colin1212

Just got my bike fixed today by a local trials mechanic, he worked on it for about a week. he cleaned out the engine and replaced all the oils. I started it up and it sounded so much better. I got off the bike and put the stand down, then i noticed the bike is about to fall. I cant put the stand down because when the engines on it falls over?. Is the revs to high?. There is a slight rattle from the engine aswell.

Just got my bike fixed today by a local trials mechanic, he worked on it for about a week. he cleaned out the engine and replaced all the oils. I started it up and it sounded so much better. I got off the bike and put the stand down, then i noticed the bike is about to fall. I cant put the stand down because when the engines on it falls over?. Is the revs to high?. There is a slight rattle from the engine aswell.

Slight engine rattle in neutral is normal if it mostly goes away when clutch lever pulled in (my guess is the "fingers" slightly loose on the pillars).

Falling over is not normal and may mean the kickstand has been bent. Ask your mechanic to look at it.

Jon

Slight engine rattle in neutral is normal if it mostly goes away when clutch lever pulled in (my guess is the "fingers" slightly loose on the pillars).

Falling over is not normal and may mean the kickstand has been bent. Ask your mechanic to look at it.

Jon

Thanks Jon, I just noticed the bent kickstand. Any easy way to fix the kickstand?

Thanks Jon, I just noticed the bent kickstand. Any easy way to fix the kickstand?

You'll need to take it off. Two V-blocks and a press is the best way but you can use two 2X4's as the V-blocks

and a third short 2X4 to pound the bend straight with a heavy hammer. The 2X4 on the bend will not cause a flat

spot like a hammer blow would and it spreads the force out a little on the spot to avoid kinks.

Starting the bike while the kickstand is down is a very common cause of bent kickstands. They are only designed

to hold the bike up and any more weight on the light components will bend them quickly.

Jon