New Ossa Sr 280 R

mark1984

Factory is meant to be releasing preproduction bikes to importers this month with production starting next month.

NZ importers are flying back from riding with Colomer last week & hopefully 1 of the 2 guys will be at our trial on sunday if not too jet lagged, will be interesting to hear his impressions

They actually gonna be sticking with the upside downers???

I heard that all the importers apart from the italian one didn't want them and ossa were not fitting them anymore hence normal forks on the you tube vid. Rumour? We'll just have to wait and see.

I heard that all the importers apart from the italian one didn't want them and ossa were not fitting them anymore hence normal forks on the you tube vid. Rumour? We'll just have to wait and see.

i think they will be useing the upside down forks this is becouse they have sorted out the old isues with them i read this in a recent add for the new OSSA.

Official story is that there hasn't been time to get the usd forks right yet so conventionals have been fitted standard for the first year with the usd forks being an option next year

Phewww thats a relief especially if the prices I've being discussed are right.

I didn't even notice the forks on the YouTube vids :banana2:

I still cant see USD's working as well on trials bikes - they tried and failed in the late 80's / early 90's then went conventional again.

From my experience they seemed less stable and to flexy (is flexy a word?!?) than normal forks.

Am sure Ossa have got them better than they were 20 years ago but if they were that good everyone would use them surely...

I'm sure marzocchi won't have any problem in designing rigid usd forks but as they already make the forks for gas gas it makes sense for ossa to use those first off & use their time to get the rest of the bike right.

They wouldn't survive if they produced a 2000 rev3 as their first bike so for their sake I hope there aren't any problems