Bike Wont Start.............

steve1979

Well, i got my Stator and new pick up attached today, bolted it all up with great enthusiasm. nothing missed everything connected. Kicked over with plug grounded on the head and .......................................................NOTHING.

This is really starting to hack me off now, did the volt and ohms tests again i was advised to do by WCW the first time and still getting the same readings as before. Even the new pick up is still not showing a current, although a mechanic friend said a standard multimeter wouldn't be able to pick up the ...pickup voltage and i would need a peak voltage tester to check it.

So my only real possible check to do now is to ask my friend with his gas gas if i can swap stator and pick up again and see if that works again. Apart from that i'm just hitting a brick wall.

Does anyone know of any trials breakers that i might be able to get a second hand stator etc as a new one only come as part of a package which consists of stator and fly wheel coming in at over

Edited by steve1979

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IT'S ALIVE,

right i spoke to Steve at Bradford ignitions (motoplat) and i can't stress how much of a help he was. After weeks of posting parts back and forth to WCW and getting nothing more than a lighter wallet, a 5 minute phone call to Steve had my bike running.

Steve from BRADFORD IGNITIONS told me to swap the two blue wire's comming from the stator at the multi plug around as he suspected it had been rewound backwards and the polarity had been reversed and hey presto instant spark, bike fired first kick and ran great.

MASSIVE praise to Steve and i'm going to call WCW on tuesday and see what they say.

This is not over yet.

I'll keep you posted

Thanks tt5th,

yes i was really starting to pull my hair out, if they had done the job right the first time i would not have had to go through this. I was close to throwing the towel in, as if the suspected parts were, in theory "good" then i was totally stumped.

The bike starts so sharp now, you can feel it fire when the kick start is only half way down. So although they rewound it back wards i suppose they at least did a good job.

As far as i'm concerned if the stator was correct the first time then the pick up module would have shown voltage and wouldn't unnecessarily need changing saving me time and money.

I'm going to call them on Tuesday and see what they say about it.

Really chuffed she's going again :D

Bradford Ignitions is the way forward, if only i went there in the first place :D