My Evo Exhaust Re-packing

patoche

hye,

if you're interested on this subject follow this link on a French forum; repacking my EVO exhaust i was tired of my noisy BETA EVO 290 2009 :marky:

I up different pictures of my intervention, and you can see interior exhaust.

I often come on your forum which is fulled of interesting informations :rolleyes:

my Pictures are here : PICTURES OF EVO EXHAUST DURING REPACKING

Did someone had already do this repacking on a EVO?

Can I ask why you have cut a hole out in the exhaust?, you can just take the plastic end off, that's what it's for.

Because i began by doing this and it's not enough, lot of noise too ... the lenght where is the plastic is very short so it' not good enough :marky:

the result is more significant whith the hole cut in the first chamber of the silencer :rolleyes: .

Edited by patoche

does the moto run any smoother or softer?

what does you mean by smoother or softer ?

For me the response is more reactive at lower rpm i think, i don't need to turn too much throttle than before

Edited by patoche

Ben

Because exhaust packing being correct is critical to the performance of a two stroke engine. Removing the plastic end cap only allows you to repack up to the back of the middle box which is a long way short of the whole silencer.

If its repacked properly this can make a huge difference to the performace of the bike, the tricky bit though is packing it exactly the same as the manufacturer.

Ben

Because exhaust packing being correct is critical to the performance of a two stroke engine. Removing the plastic end cap only allows you to repack up to the back of the middle box which is a long way short of the whole silencer.

If its repacked properly this can make a huge difference to the performace of the bike, the tricky bit though is packing it exactly the same as the manufacturer.

So is that the only way of repacking it, by cutting a huge hole in it, Surely not, I no with my old GG, you could just take the end can off it & repack it all the way down to the bottom.

If it is designed to access only through the plastic end, Why not just do what everyone else does. I realise it is easier access, I'm sorry but I can't see any other good advantages in that

but look at the pictures, there's plenty of dust calamine which in the first chamber of the exhaust, this part is not accessible but very important to absorb the noise (bigger than the second accessible chamber ).

so it needs to be repacking to, but it is not possible for beta to offer this possibility because of the cost of this function on the exhaust ...

For me i see a great advantage because for improvment of less noise on a used bike of december 2009 !

but look at the pictures, there's plenty of dust calamine which in the first chamber of the exhaust, this part is not accessible but very important to absorb the noise (bigger than the second accessible chamber ).

so it needs to be repacking to, but it is not possible for beta to offer this possibility because of the cost of this function on the exhaust ...

For me i see a great advantage because for improvment of less noise on a used bike of december 2009 !

I see what your saying, if it needs a good clean up inside, it's an ideal way, But why is it such a mess inside anyway, maybe to much oil in your petrol? or running to rich?

You would of been better off getting a new silencer for it.

Looks like you have done a good job of what you wanted to do though.

maybe to much oil in your petrol? or running to rich?

1,3 to 1,5% of castrol TTS

but i've forgotten to tell that it seems some steel wool missed in the 1st chamber; i don't know why, perhaps a problem of manufacturing on this part on my bike or simply the wool go away out by the pipe with the time passes ?

Edited by patoche

• 2 years later...

hello, i have problem with noise silencer on my Beta evo 300 2012. Motorbike has about 40 hours... I try change the silencer packing 007370550000 and I hope that will be better. But i have another question.. Is some absorbent cotton wool in the front pipe?? I know, that the first half of this pipe is clear only pipe, but second section is absolutly atypical and here I think thats cotton wool too :(( but i hope thats not true and problem can be only in silencer... Thank you for answers!