Light Throttle.

scotig

I am having trouble with control of the throttle,iam a beginner, done my first trial last week,although had to enter normal route as there was no beginner route,just feel like the bike is going to flip when i give it some gas,its a black throttle so i think its the slow action one,are all 290 shercos the same its a 2009,even the feel of the throttle is light,any help would be great :o

Can you put a stiffer spring on the slide in the carb, just so you have to intentionally wind the throttle, rather than accidentally.

I would imagine it's quite un nerving to have to be very careful on the throttle, for fear of flipping the beast...could restrict progress !

Many folk slow the ignition timing a bit to settle the bike a bit as well.

You can practice sections riding up a gear. What you would normally do in first, try in second, or even third to get a feel for the clutch, as it forces you to use it and FEEL for traction as well. You and rev the hellovit and creep along on the clutch if need be! It is your golden parachute when combined with rear brake! :o