From New Hampshire

bee

Hi All, I've had a 2001 Sherco for 3 years now and never really rode it. Might have run 2 tanks of gas through it in my backyard. (must have been a good 20 minutes worth) I have a KDX and have done a few enduros, but I'm not one of the hardcore bunch. C senior midpack rider if I even finish. I own a small business, have 3 small kids, and really can't afford to whack any more trees like I did last year. I mussed up my knee last September (that's right, a year ago) and if I don't pay attention, I'm still limping around. Anyway, (Can you tell I my fingers move right along on this thing) I helped a bit setting up for the Berwick national 2 weeks ago (ok, I cut the stakes for the ribbon and asked a lot of questions) and I gotta tell you, I was hooked. Not just for the riding I got to do when the work was done, but the people I met were great. All accomplished riders, and every one of them was helping me along with whatever knowledge they could pass along. Not just me, but I noticed there were no riding secrets between anybody. Everyone there wanted to see everyone else improve and do their best. The weekend of the event, I parked my camper at the nearby campground, and took the family to watch the event. My wife was amased at what some of those boys could do, and even started recording some of them. My oldest daughter and her friend that was with us had me set up an obstacle course for their bicycles back at the camper! I think everyone had a great time. Because of work and family, I don't get to ride often enough, but I gotta say, since Berwick, I've been on the Sherco 4 or 5 times a week in the yard, even if it's for 15 minutes, and burned more fuel in two weeks than in two years. It's the end of summer and I've got 2 more camping trips planned with the family, but I can't wait to get back out there.

Brian

Dan, I think we met a week or 2 before the event. We were playing on a small hill that I couldn't get up without looping out just before our lunch break. Kept landing on my a***. I met Jareth, Joe, Ron, Sonny, and Stu as well. A good lot. Hope to see them soon.

~B

I can't imagine my life without trials..... is there a 12 step meeting for that? "I am powerless over trials and my life is unmanageable without it." It just gets better and better. It is always good to see a new person discovering the fun of trials. For me, it really is all about balance. When I don't ride, my life is less than awesome, but with my weekly 'medication' on the pegs, I am great, my life is awesome and people don't think I stink!

Thanks for the fuel and exhaust gaskets Jareth. I'm going to take your advise and pull the carb and get some numbers from the jets next. I'll be out and about in a couple more weeks. Just winding down the summer with the kids. Work around the house can wait.

Dan, you were just teaching me correct bail out procedure. Thanks for the tips and sharing your years of experience!

~B