Another Dnf - Bye Bye Beta

dalmahoy

Out today in a club event - 1st lap - 2nd section - fan decides it's had enough - in the last 10 weeks that's 2 stators, one water pump casing and now the fan - last 4 events have seen one win and three dnf's. Now looking at getting a new bike this week - either a gas gas or a sherco. Sorry but when the beta went

- it was superb but it's not knowing if it's going to last. Thanks to all who have helped and advised me on this forum but it's off to pastures new now.

sounds like you want a yam engined scorpa for ultimate reliability, only a nuclear war will stop it going (and thats only because I would be in work that day :D )

Was offered a shot of a scorpa 175 today - but being a borrowed bike I wanted to play it safe - all in though - it's the first 4 banger I've ridden and to tell the truth I didn't like it - just off the phone to dealer I deal with (open on a Sunday night) he's going to phone back tomorrow when he finds out what's left in stock.

Was offered a shot of a scorpa 175 today - but being a borrowed bike I wanted to play it safe - all in though - it's the first 4 banger I've ridden and to tell the truth I didn't like it - just off the phone to dealer I deal with (open on a Sunday night) he's going to phone back tomorrow when he finds out what's left in stock.

Was on about the 250 2t, but i used to have a 175 f and for a beginer (i was just getting back into trials) they are awesome. Even doone the SSDT on mine was brilliant. But the 250 2t has a proven engine, no suspension linkage to worry about. I love mine.

Trick is....always remove cover after power wash...i use compressor to blow away

all surplus water.warm bike up and let fan kick in..i spray bike with wd 40.....several betas later never had a prnoblem..

Always do that - remove cover - lean bike over to the right and dry using compressed air.

Only water I find behind casing was condensation - last stator lasted 10 weeks - I'm out once/week at max. Last stator looked new when removed with no corrosion issues.

Every month I remove the flywheel but never found any crud.

Seal casing using a paste type waterproof grease.

Only water I find behind casing was condensation - last stator lasted 10 weeks - I'm out once/week at max. Last stator looked new when removed with no corrosion issues.

Every month I remove the flywheel but never found any crud.

Seal casing using a paste type waterproof grease.

Yes, I had a new 04 Rev3 and the second stator went in just six trials. I'd previously had a number of new Technos and never had a problem with them, I've been wary of Beta's ever since.

Rob I'm sure I seen you on at least 4 different bikes today !!

Was that Iain D's young lads Sherco I seen you on late in the day ?? I quite fancy one of them myself, but nae cash

Aye - all in 5 bikes today - managed to break 3 of them - beta lost it's fan, scorpa lost it's gear lever meaning a trip to start to remove and fix - bloke I was riding round with Tam gave me a shot of his evo and i gave it back with a flat tyre - had a shot of waynes gas gas and Iain's sons sherco - both very neat bikes. Part off next years KTM fund will be spent this week.

Yes, I had a new 04 Rev3 and the second stator went in just six trials. I'd previously had a number of new Technos and never had a problem with them, I've been wary of Beta's ever since.

I also had a couple of technos had the stator re-wound on one and sold the other, NEVER had a beta since.

Also the past weekend at the manx two of my mates had issues (both on evo's) one had clutch problems with the biting point moving throughout the trial and it slipping the other had three sections left to do and something in the gearbox went and he could only get first gear.

i'm not beta bashing, but the experiences i've had with them compared to the scorpa I wouldn't go near them but my mate with the clutch prob says the only bike he will have is a beta.

horses for courses.

'Scorpa 3 has hit the nail on the head....................................'I've been wary of Beta's ever since' Stay well clear!

2T Scorpa (Yam) bullet proof followed very closley by a Gasser,

They all go wrong at sometime though.