Rear Shock Rebound Adjuster Snapped !

viciousvinny

Hello, dropped my 2007 250 pro to a mate today to setup the susp. for me and re-oil the front forks, on closer inspection it looks as though the rear shock adjuster has been broken off at some time, he said that you can see a very small ball bearing ??

Is it poss to do anything with this or do i need a new shock, I'm a bit fed up as i have only just started trials and i have had nothing but bad luck, every time i go to go out there is a problem, only just fitted a new clutch and slave and master seals, I have looked on the bay and there are no used shocks :wall:

Thats a pest. The excact same thing happened to my mate's 09 beta evo it was just outside it's warranty by a month or two. He ended up buying a new shock.

Must be a weak point.

If you have no success with souring a replacement i wonder if these guys could drill the adjuster out and replace it. Never dealt with them myself but could be a cheaper option than a new replacement ( if it can be repaired ) hopefully it can

http://www.falconshockabsorbers.co.uk/repair001.htm

Cheers

Steve

thanks very much, i'll try them and i'll see if i can source a cheap used one

Hi..your have trouble finding one I looked everywhere...there not servicable!! gas leaks out and thats it...I bought a new Ohlins from Thor motorcycles in Cornwall the guy there Colin was very helpful and knows all the faults etc even sets the spring up for your weight...not cheap to replace but worth it...and it's servicable :thumbup:

Edited by bricklane