Minimising Blisters

jimmyl

With the Scott fast approaching has anybody got any good tips for minimising blisters on hands etc during Time and Observation trials or similar.

Anybody found any good combination of grips, gloves, tape, plasters etc

Any trade tricks for hardening the skin - have given up the washing up and fairy liquid already

Surgical spirits on the hands, or urine, your call ;)

Twice a day for a week and they'll be tough as old boots.

Grips - none, instead go to your sports shop and get some grip tape for tennis rackets, wrap it around your bars, over itself if you want it a bit thicker.

For the palms, put your gloves on as normal, but with the 'palm savers' available from trialendurodirect.com

Problem solved :wall:

i always got blisters really bad when i rode enduro's. I was then told to try riding with a thin pair of cotton gloves under your normal riding gloves, i was a bit sceptical but it does work i never got blisters again. Sounds daft i know but it worked for me.

I have always found that having hard skin on your hand contributes to getting blisters. The hard skin doesn't flex as much as the normal skin and after prolonged riding you end up with blisters forming under the hard skin. I usually remove hard skin using a pumice stone or similar and use talcum powder in my gloves and if possible change gloves before they become wet.

Been looking at them, have you used them before?

Yeah, got two sets as they do get a little smelly with sweat, so if you're doing a whole weekend of riding or something simmilar, its handy to have the two :wall:

Personally I think they made a huge difference, never had a blister using them... I find your hand grips them really well, and they move inside the gloves, so you're hands take much less abuse ;)