Mont 4rt

miked

Go for the Evo 300 mate, It's an awesome bike, Is way nicer to ride than the Mont, The Monts have hardly changed since they first come out in 2005. & in my opinion are nothing special to ride. There an excellent Built bike, But I think the Beta is a lot nicer to ride.

Mark1984, The 250 did far from lack in power, You just had to give it a bit more stick!

Edited by GasGasben

I have been riding a 4rt since 2006 and will not be trading it, but would like a change and with the future of the 4rt looking a bit doubtful it's time for a change.

Had a brief ride on the 4t 250 when they first came out, little bit dull.Nothing like the 4rt to put a smile on the face. And I was asking for experience as compared to the 4rt.

Miked

They brought out the 300 as every one I know with one stuck a 300 kit on the 250 because they were lacking in power!!!.

Montesa nailed it with the 4rt very reliable, nice throttle response, plenty power and feels very sturdy to ride. Best 4 stroke on the Market and I think Honda would be making a mistake stoping there production.

I have been riding a 4rt since 2006 and will not be trading it, but would like a change and with the future of the 4rt looking a bit doubtful it's time for a change.

Had a brief ride on the 4t 250 when they first came out, little bit dull.Nothing like the 4rt to put a smile on the face. And I was asking for experience as compared to the 4rt.

Miked

My experience is that the 4RT is horrible to ride, & the Beta is Awesome to ride, The 300 Evo is better than a 4RT in every way possible.

There is a huge difference between the 250 Rev4 & the New Evo 4T's

Edited by GasGasben

My experience is that the 4RT is horrible to ride, & the Beta is Awesome to ride, The 300 Evo is better than a 4RT in every way possible.

There is a huge difference between the 250 Rev4 & the New Evo 4T's

Just your opinion then :wall: and not everyones....................some like them and others don't, same with all bikes

Just your opinion then :wall: and not everyones....................some like them and others don't, same with all bikes

Very True mate, It Is just my opinion. I just think that the Monts are an old bike, I mean in 2005 When they first come out everyone wanted one & they were awesome, But to be fair they are pretty much the same bike now as they were in 05. I just think the Beta 4T is something new & different,

Miked, Try and get a go on a new Evo 300 if you can, I'll bet you'll really like it.

Have sections changed much since 2005?

If you are into modern/trick riding, world or British champ then the latest super light bikes probably worth it.

If you enjoy a traditional trial or a steady club trial do not rule out the old girl. You will spend more time riding and practicing than fixing so should make you a better rider.

Just about to get a 2010 Beta Evo 300, after having two 4RT's, brilliant bike's, would have another one, (if it wasn't for the price). Had a Beta Rev4 (between my two 4RT's), nice and smooth, but lacking in power, and felt like i had to gun it, unlike the feeling with the Montesa, where everything that you needed was just off tick-over.

Will be reporting back, with my personel veiw. lol.

Regards

GaffaMont.

Edited by GaffaMont

Very True mate, It Is just my opinion. I just think that the Monts are an old bike, I mean in 2005 When they first come out everyone wanted one & they were awesome, But to be fair they are pretty much the same bike now as they were in 05. I just think the Beta 4T is something new & different,

Miked, Try and get a go on a new Evo 300 if you can, I'll bet you'll really like it.

i do understand what your saying but the 4rt is still very much more saught after than the beta 250 and 3004t as for being new i dont think it is the 250 has been around since 07 i think and the 300 is just a 250 with a 300 kit as they were lacking in power.

they dont have the same build quailty eather honda all the way for me and meany more people agree compaired to the beta.

bikes allways get compaired to the best one on the markes and for the 4 strokes thats a honda montesa 4rt that is why they allways compare it to a mont and never say the scorpa.

i do think if gasgas brought out a 4 stroke it would be a great bike and very worthy of compairing to a mointesa but probly not on build quality.

montesa naied it rite from the word go great bike!!!

• 5 weeks later...

I've had the first 4RT from 2005 to 2008, and then I changed to a REV 300. The handling was better, it was quieter, but starting was a procedure. For this reason the injection in a fourstroke is absolute an advantage. But I've heard the EVO shall be better than the REV.

Now I have sold the beta and bought a.......................4 RT again. It has a Mitani muffler, sounds well, has enough power and starts with the first kick. I bought a mitani spring (0,5 mm more diameter), my dealer adjusted the damper, I let the forks out 1,5 cm, and now the handling is perfect. :)

German Munster