Won't kick over

cabby

Hi

Whip the barrel off and check to see if the con rod moves on the shaft, the noise may have been the main bearing siezing up and the piston taking lumps out of the cyclinder wall, which is one possibility for the kickstart not moving, with most other failures you get some sort of movement in the kick start but not with the mains. If it is take the engine out stick it in a box and post it to lampkins and you will have it back in a week minus around

would lampkins really change the main bearings for £100 ?

best to call and ask

but payed 98 plus postage but that was 18 months - 2 years ago. Iam talking about sending only the shaft all other work by self

Its a precision job not a difficult job.

I`m confusing the issue here, by main bearing I mean the big end bearing, always been main bearing to me and what everyone else refers to as mains is crankshaft bearings to me sorry for confusion. crankshaft bearings don`t sieze, they are normally roller or needle so collapse rather than sieze

Whiz

Edited by whiz

The above link is HERE if you hadn't sussed it? Pretty good as a guide but I reckon Thedbf may need a more 'hands on' helper if he can find one?

Good tip for the future - if somethings starts to sound wrong, kill the engine quickly! It could save you a few quid?

GJ :wacko: