Rev 80 misfire

jamersby

Mark

We had the same problem with a 2008 Rev 80, we repacked the tail pipe and the problem went away. possibly it has oiled up since you replaced the tail pipe.

We also had a misfire on a 2010 Evo 80, this time it was the cdi unit, water had got into the cdi up through the 60mm long outer cable cover.

we have now sealed the end of this so water can not enter the cdi.

Hope this helps

JFC

Mark

We had the same problem with a 2008 Rev 80, we repacked the tail pipe and the problem went away. possibly it has oiled up since you replaced the tail pipe.

We also had a misfire on a 2010 Evo 80, this time it was the cdi unit, water had got into the cdi up through the 60mm long outer cable cover.

we have now sealed the end of this so water can not enter the cdi.

Hope this helps

JFC

hi we had the exact smame problem, i would strip down check everything rebuild and all seemed well but after say a lap the bike would have the same problem, it turned out to be the stator even though all looked well, put in a new one all was well

• 5 months later...

Way back in December I had problems with the Rev 80 misfire, a month ago I had the stator rewound by WCW after advice from all on this forum, and sure enough problem cured, thought I would post the outcome for any body who has the same problem.

Cheers all