Compression Test GG Pro 300 (2007)

captaincaveman

Hi all,

Bought my self a nice little Gas Gas TxT pro 300 on a 2007 a couple of months ago, i've done the full service stuff it as no head spacer and is compelety standard and pulls like a train. I've been asking about trying to find out what the Compression should be reading on the tester?... My reads 145psi, thats with about 10 good kicks and the bike on a stand and the tester in place. Any one out there done a test on there's if so his mine at a good level or low on compression.

Thanks

Im not sure your doing the test properly. The numbers you got were not bad...not great either. 160-180 is what I would be looking for. The way I always did a compression test was...

Warm the engine up completely.

Remove plug and ground the wire

Install compression gauge

Hold throttle wide open

And kick until the gauge stopped rising

Now I have never done a test on trials bike before...just MX bikes, so my numbers may be wrong.

Edited by motofire

I dont think this is a valuable exercise.

unless your short of power which I doubt, or the engine is noisey just leave it be.

if you go and fit a piston or rings to get it back like new you will have spent a fair bit of money to get even more power which I doubt you need.

just have fun riding it and dont worry about possible problems that might not exist

There is nothing wrong with my bike im just trying to find out what other peoples opinions are of my readings as i cant find any doctuments any were what tell me what it should be reading.... and as i dont get chance to test other peoples bikes i was hoping any one out there may be able to copare my readings to there's, just in case it is low and need new rings!!!

Thanks

There is nothing wrong with my bike im just trying to find out what other peoples opinions are of my readings as i cant find any doctuments any were what tell me what it should be reading.... and as i dont get chance to test other peoples bikes i was hoping any one out there may be able to copare my readings to there's, just in case it is low and need new rings!!!

Thanks

Hiya, sorry no technical data for you but that sounds just fine, same as mine bags of compression when starting so must be good!

cheers Kay