Looking for pubic riding land in AR KA MO OK TN TX

gotdirt

Hi,

A friend and I are taking the week from Dec 21 through Dec 28 off to go riding and will be putting our bikes on a trailer, leaving from Minnesota (BRRR) heading south to a more comfortable location. We have plans to go to the TTC in TN.

Not knowing what the weather will be in advance and TTC's cancellation policy, I am looking for back up plans to go riding. We may have to scratch our TTC plans to keep some flexibility for winter travel (really sucks trying to plan anything in Minnesota in December).

I was really looking forward to getting some instruction as I have not ridden a trials bike since about 1978 (the Sherco 2.9 I just purchased will either delight the heck out of me or kill me). None the less I am just trying to plan a wonderful X-MAS week of motorbike bliss for me and my friend away from our loved ones and family (they know us and understand) and want to cover all of the bases.

If there is an area in your location that is suitable for trials riding, do we need to buy local or state registration to use the facility? If anyone is reading this forum, I am sure I will be satisfied with all suggestions given, Hope to hear from many of you all soon and have a great Turkey-Day and Happy-Holidays.

Bill

If you know Ben and Bear from Minnesota, they can give you their perspective of the riding areas down here. They usually come down to some of the Oklahoma events.

In Oklahoma, here's some public areas:

Grand Lake (Langley) - lots of ledges, big rocks and big hills. no access fee

Scipio - 1600 acres and a great trials area. but, you may have a hard time finding the best stuff without a guide. $6 per day access fee. The last 6 miles of road getting here is rough. But, its worth it.

Appalachia Bay - very good trials area but the main trails can get a bit dangerous with all the 4-wheelers. if you know where the trials areas are the 4-wheelers aren't an issue because the quads can't get to them. no access fee

Camp Gruber - some old quarry ledges in the parking lot. some big creek sections with big rocks. no access fee.

Directions to these riding areas can be found here: http://neott.com/directions.asp

Depending on your schedule and the weather, I may be able to show you around.

• Like 1

I live in the western Minneapolis area. I have not ridden a trials bike in 30 years so, I can't say I ride it anywhere. This is a maiden voyage for the bike. My friend does some of the UMTA events. I will probably give that a shot next season.

TTC is usually not terrible that time of year, You can have some really nice days depending upon the weather patterns. Same goes for here though. But short of an ice or snow storm, you should be good. And yes, that 2.9 is gonna wear you out untill you get a grip!

Just ridind the trails and loop at TTC is mucho fun, good workout! :thumbup:

Hi everybody, thanks for the info!!!! Looking forward to getting the new bike out. OK is looking like a great place to ride with multiple locations. Are there any instructors in the area for hire? As I do not have a clue what to do with my new bike. TTC is looking good in that respect. Weather is still going to be the determining factor on this trip.

Thanks,

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

hey Ben and Bear,

Just bought 67 acres on AR. OK. line your very welcome to ride here. Also just just around the road 3 miles 300 acres free riding. you can camp out at both and I know there's the best BBQ joint just 10 miles away its called IMAJERK BBQ Keenan Winters also has set up obstacle at the restaurant : )

I can vouch for the BBQ, and the riding around Boogieville, AK "first class". However if you make it to the TTC,keep us posted as we try to have a small group ride on the weekends. today we had 7 of us brave the sunny 48 degree weather.

Tim

Ill also vouch for the BBQ and Arkansas riding area if you want to stop by southwest Missouri on the way we've got some sloughs or is it slews abandoned river beds great trials with no rocks. can even get loose to ride during the week some.

hey Ben and Bear,

Just bought 67 acres on AR. OK. line your very welcome to ride here. Also just just around the road 3 miles 300 acres free riding. you can camp out at both and I know there's the best BBQ joint just 10 miles away its called IMAJERK BBQ Keenan Winters also has set up obstacle at the restaurant : )

And if you're riding with Keenan and he says "Follow me!", DON'T DO IT!

Just kidding, but I do speak from personal experience....:)

Jon