Spacers

b40rt

It is common for the sump guard to "straighten out" a bit, when you come to put it back on it seems like the holes are quite a way off lining up.

It's very difficult to bend the guard back to its original shape, it may be that a previous owner has made the spacers to make refitting the guard easier.

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 months later...

• 2 weeks later...

Would someone do me a favour and measure the thickness of the spacers that go between the sump guard and the frame at the front.

Thanks

Ross

hi ross , i thought that but what i did was put the 3 back bolts in tight then lift the bike on stand the weight of the bike helps push the plate up then use a 30mm bolt to pull the plate to the frame then put a 10mm bolt in the other side , take out the 30 and put another 10 in (csk m8 allens )

hi ross , i thought that but what i did was put the 3 back bolts in tight then lift the bike on stand the weight of the bike helps push the plate up then use a 30mm bolt to pull the plate to the frame then put a 10mm bolt in the other side , take out the 30 and put another 10 in (csk m8 allens )

Thanks kirsten, mine did have them for approx 20 years, then it was stolen.

When I recovered it they and many other parts were missing.

I had it from (almost) new.

My TX240 has a sticker on the steering head with the displacement, frame no etc.

Ross

• 1 month later...

• 4 months later...