A push trials bike for training?

I'm wondering if a push trials bike could be used for training. Maybe i've watched too many Danny MacAskill videos but, it would seem that practicing some techniques could be achieved more safely with a bike that weighs 1/6th as much, and therefore the transition to a motorized model could be made with more confidence. Does anyone have some experience on this subject, or an opinion?

I'm wondering if a push trials bike could be used for training. Maybe i've watched too many Danny MacAskill videos but, it would seem that practicing some techniques could be achieved more safely with a bike that weighs 1/6th as much, and therefore the transition to a motorized model could be made with more confidence. Does anyone have some experience on this subject, or an opinion?

Heck ya! Though the 2 are very different I sure think it could not hurt. I have one of these I picked up years ago before I had a trials bike. Think it made it more natural for me getting on a moto trials bike!

http://bmxmuseum.com/forsale/134