Bike scissor jack problems

mickmc

hi has anyone had any problems with the hydraulics on your scissor jack bike lift, (it's the one that sits under the engine like a stool then lifts it off the floor) my seals have gone, can i replace them, don't really want to replace the whole jack if i don't need to

many thanks

Mick

hi has anyone had any problems with the hydraulics on your scissor jack bike lift, (it's the one that sits under the engine like a stool then lifts it off the floor) my seals have gone, can i replace them, don't really want to replace the whole jack if i don't need to

many thanks

Mick

hi i use one at home and dont find any problems with it, always make sure the bike is sat centrally thats it, worth having saves bending, quite heavy if you have to move it back and forward hope that helps

Where's your oil leaking from?

We have a few of these at work and the only problem I've encountered is that people twist the letting down screw all the way out and they lose fluid :rolleyes: I'm all out of hydralic oil so have been using brake fluid to re-fill them :thumbup: