4RT PROBLEM HELP

dye29

hy all ive got a 4rt 2005 and theres a rattle in engine so took it to 2 bike mechanics and they said def piston and barrel ect so i took it to a good friend that builds bikes up and he said it could be tappets , camshaft or cam chain does anyone no the settings for these and wich direction do i take as im short for cash , the noise dosnt get lounder when revs up same rattle or tappin all time regards ste

All info in manual which I think is available to download on here somewhere.

Maybe check tappets but normally don't move much. If bike goes ok and it don't get worse then maybe leave well alone assuming oil etc all looks ok. Check cam chain tensioner??

hello before you go into any big cost of pistons and tappets the tappets shold be self adjusting i had a simler prob with mine it had a rattle and sort of ching come from the engine it did not change under reving it got louder on tick over i later found out that it was the locking tab that keeps the oil fillter in it had came loose but it cant drop out due to fly wheel keeps the bolt from dropping in to the engine only found out when changed the oil so try oil change and check this first hope this helps good look

hello before you go into any big cost of pistons and tappets the tappets shold be self adjusting i had a simler prob with mine it had a rattle and sort of ching come from the engine it did not change under reving it got louder on tick over i later found out that it was the locking tab that keeps the oil fillter in it had came loose but it cant drop out due to fly wheel keeps the bolt from dropping in to the engine only found out when changed the oil so try oil change and check this first hope this helps good look

hy yes iv tryed that is there anything easy to try as im not very mechanicaly minded and dont want to remove some cover and anything falls out regards ste

Tappets are not self adjusting - need to be checked with a feeler gauge - 2 covers on top of head. If your not confident try and get someone to assist. :thumbup:

so tappets first ill have a look thanks i get back also is there a video anywhere on net to show me how to change fork seals and oil