125 0r 250/300

tayto94

Looking at picking up a sherco or gasgas, butfinding it hard to get a decent deal on a 250/280,

but there seems to be loads of 125s around at good money. Would a 125 be big enough or would you get bored on them quickly? Im around 5'10" and 160lbs i think. . . . would i need the bigger cc's?

Cheers :thumbup:

If you are a competent rider then most riders prefer a 200-250

125's are great for beginners and are easy sold when you are ready to move up.

125's haul plenty of guys your size around the 'National' type of event - so they are quite a capable bike.

Loads of difference in the 125's out there so test ride them all - Beta's get a good reputation for 125 power.

If I were a beginner I'd hunt out a Beta 200 - amazing bikes!

Edited by NZRalphy

If you are a competent rider then most riders prefer a 200-250

125's are great for beginners and are easy sold when you are ready to move up.

125's haul plenty of guys your size around the 'National' type of event - so they are quite a capable bike.

Loads of difference in the 125's out there so test ride them all - Beta's get a good reputation for 125 power.

If I were a beginner I'd hunt out a Beta 200 - amazing bikes!

am a competent enough road bike rider!but trials wise i just been pottering around on a 250 jtr gasser for the last while, getting the knack of it.but trials wise not much experience. I would have thought the 125's would be harder shifted.

there are plenty sherco 125's around 04 for decent money round me. Havnt spotted any betas

A 125 can be a fine bike. Will do most anything once you learn to ride, which is why they make good trainers, and many experienced riders enjoy them as well, as they are more challenging to ride and do require better skills to ride well as far as power management goes, but they will grip like hell and go! Great fun factor, still gentile! :rolleyes:

ADD, a good rider on a 125 will kill you every time!

Edited by copemech

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at picking up a sherco or gasgas, butfinding it hard to get a decent deal on a 250/280,

but there seems to be loads of 125s around at good money. Would a 125 be big enough or would you get bored on them quickly? Im around 5'10" and 160lbs i think. . . . would i need the bigger cc's?

Cheers :thumbup: