Golden Valley Trial

steam

Did their Trial at Stroud run yesterday?

Yes indeed! About half the usual entry but all but about 5 riders finished, 3 routes;

Gentlemens route, IMO an excellent idea, riders have to enter the section through the start cards and find any route they want to exit the ends cards

Easy route and Hard route.

There was a good covering of snow but the air temperature was well above freezing and several riders had to remove some layers of clothing! My section, 4, was a good challenge for the early riders as the snow covering hid the roots, it became less challenging as the snow was shifted although the leaves and loose soil required precise throttle control.

It was terrific fun riding around Cowcombe on my Alp before the trial started, always a good venue made even better by the snow!

Excellent trial,glad I made the effort.Also was interesting to see alot of older bikes finding grip where some of the moderns were spinning.Some riders were finding the route between sections more difficult than the actual observed bits.

Thinking about it,in the last couple of years a few trials have made me wonder why I was bothering - all of them have proved why I should,they were great fun.

Thanks again to Fred and the team for putting on a great event in difficult conditions.

Thanks for that Bo - I'm on You Tube ! And cleaning a section..... (Cheating really,I rode the clubman route cos I've not ridden for ages and Cowcombe woods can be quite hard)

It was interesting that alot of the older bikes seemed to grip better than the mono's.

Thanks for that Bo - I'm on You Tube ! And cleaning a section..... (Cheating really,I rode the clubman route cos I've not ridden for ages and Cowcombe woods can be quite hard)

It was interesting that alot of the older bikes seemed to grip better than the mono's.

Just my sixpenny worth but I think throttle control was the key and too many of the riders on moderns were on/off with the throttle, the youngsters are particularly guilty, bouncing round the corners as well when what was needed was steady progress, on my section it was no good stopping to make the left turn, steady non stop progress was needed!