Air box

steve1979

Hi guy's,

While out today one of my friends had a slight off and in the process somehow managed to completly snap the end of his airbox off.

He intends to plastic weld it back on for the meantime but we were wondering if anyone could point us in the right direction for a 2nd replacement. Is there anyone who perhaps breaks trials bike's.

It's a gas gas 280 txt pro 2003

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks, Steve

Happy new year too

Don't know of a dedicated trials bike breaker, but you see these things come up on auction sites from time to time so you may have some luck there or maybe someone on this site has a spare they no longer need? Why not post a wanted ad'? Happy New Year!

Don't know of a dedicated trials bike breaker, but you see these things come up on auction sites from time to time so you may have some luck there or maybe someone on this site has a spare they no longer need? Why not post a wanted ad'? Happy New Year!

He's done a temp repair on it for the moment but yes thats a good point about the wanted section i'll post one up later. Just in from first footing :beer:

Had a trawl through ebay but no joy so far but we will keep a look out :thumbup:

I have used plastic numberplate bolts for 2years and they have saved my airbox/mudguard many times because they do just pop off. Then you can just replace them for 10p each.

I see loads of people using zip ties to hold the mudguard on. They are too strong and they tear through the edges of mudguards so I would recommend swapping them for plastic bolts. :thumbup:

Thanks guy's, thats a great tip. I think i'll swap mine for a number plate screw aswell. I have very thin cable tie's on the side's holding it lightly in place but i still have the metal bolt in the centre. I'll swap mine for a plastic one and pass on the tip to my friend.

Thanks again :thumbup:

• 4 months later...

Funny I just found this thread. I just got mine and it has a metal screw in the middle and HAD the plastic pins on the sides. I list those in a matter if minutes. Lol I'm using tiny zipties on the sides. They snap really easily. Should I replace the metal screw too with a plastic screw? Where can I get the plastic screws?

Funny I just found this thread. I just got mine and it has a metal screw in the middle and HAD the plastic pins on the sides. I list those in a matter if minutes. Lol I'm using tiny zipties on the sides. They snap really easily. Should I replace the metal screw too with a plastic screw? Where can I get the plastic screws?

The plastic screws are available at most auto supply stores as license plate screws.

My favorite are the pins that hold the valances on Honda ATV fenders. You will need to enlarge the holes slightly but they hold the fender on well (I'm the only thing I tolerate flopping around on my bike) and pull out in a shunt.

Jon

post-2532-0-50298400-1306349123.jpg