Week 200 - And It's Goodbye From Him

Andy

Thanks Mike for your contibutions both here and in TMX over the years - they have always been sharp and with the best interest's of our favourite sport in mind.

Big boots for someone else to fill me thinks !

All the very best - and enjoy your rides.

Have a drink on me ! :guinness:

Cheers

Giles.

Mikes' column will be sadly missed, I used to enjoy reading them on a Monday morning with a cup of tea before starting work. I hope he will still post from time to time if inspiration or the notion comes to him. Many thanks Mike.

I have to confess I've just written Column 201 for next Sunday!! Nothing much, but I had a few thoughts churning round on Bank Holiday Monday so turned them into words.

Don't expect them every week though!

I have to confess I've just written Column 201 for next Sunday!! Nothing much, but I had a few thoughts churning round on Bank Holiday Monday so turned them into words.

Don't expect them every week though!

Once a year would be better than nothing. :thumbup:

Thanks Mike for your weekly efforts and it really is a shame that we won't be able to read your thoughts so regularly from now on. I'm sure there are many 'clubman' riders out there who relate to what you say and find the recollections of the sport very interesting. I know I do :)

I look forward to reading your occasional contributions and hope it isn't too long before we see you back on the Island again!

Cubby

This week the first without Mikes missive! I used to look forward to his thoughts every week and as others have said it will be greatly missed. Words of wisdom or a few sentences to stir up a hornets nest of rerplies and disscussion. All the best, J.K.

I would certainly like to endorse all the remarks made, and thank Mike for many years of good reporting and not being afraid to call a spade a spade when necessary, but equally being very supportive as well.

I will always remember those British Enduro Championship rides we had together ( when courses where often very difficult - and men were men!) and of course the time we had at ISDE in Finland - interesting that I may return there for ISDE this year ( it was horrendously expensive even then - although you always managed to have a cheap lunch by pinching the breakfast rolls and ham)

Above all however, I noted over the years the way you became more involved in the running of events, especially on the secretarial side, and I think many of the things you identified where, like myself- not always noticed when we were riding more. I can only hope that more and more people follow the same path

Finally, I know for sure you will still be around the events, but I would echo Scorpa