Sheffield - My photo of the night

Andy

I sense the next words to be uttered roughly translate to 'Ouch!' :rotfl:

Brilliant shot Andy you even managed to get me and my mates sitting in the audience too - What a result! :)

It was a Great night,Great show with Great riders - and IMO a big shout must go out for Jack Challoner (the lad from Halifax - of course!) He showed some fantastic courage and flashes of skills we will no doubt become accustomed to in the near future ! Well done JC.

What a fantastic photo, Also got the same crash on video, Was a top night out though, Shame fujigas took out Josep Banyeres, That must of hurt, But I Had to laugh at Lampkin on the first section, his first ride proper ride on an indoor section on the gasser & smashed it off a fork lift truck lol.

Big well done to the brits, Dibs, Challoner & Browny All had an awesome ride!

You gotta love Fuji, he's a one man highlight reel.

The World Championships are going to be a lot poorer when Fuji decides to hang up his boots. :(

Andy are you shooting raw or doing JPGs out of the camera?

Always JPG for the speed of getting them online.

Understood. I've taken to shooting mostly RAW to get more dynamic range. Then again I built a beast of a system to do the conversion and get the most out of the highly threaded Bibble software. It does help recover usable stuff when I completely Melvin a shoot with the wrong settings.

Not that that happens, er alot. ;)

• 1 month later...

Understood. I've taken to shooting mostly RAW to get more dynamic range. Then again I built a beast of a system to do the conversion and get the most out of the highly threaded Bibble software. It does help recover usable stuff when I completely Melvin a shoot with the wrong settings.

Not that that happens, er alot. ;)

I like to shot to both a raw and a large/smooth Jpeg. I rarely (ish) "need" the raw images, but when I do there is a lot of places you can go with a raw file that are shut tight in the jpeg.

Most SLRs do this duel saving these days, even my compact can (I think). Even if you only ever need one once, cards are quite cheap these days thanks to HD video, it seems silly not to have the raws too, and you do not even need to keep them for more than a few weeks, or just keep the raws of the final selections, if you are short on HD space or tired of disc burning....

Edited by photoboy